Chapter 10: Profession

"Yeah, I'll take the job." I say absentmindedly, I do need the money since I am just living off the money Red supplies me - which is barely enough to support myself. Hearing this, Mr. Agreste gives a tight lipped smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, the type that businessmen give people when they seal a deal.

"A pleasure to work with you Break." He says as he finished the last sip of his wine before striding off. Adrien relaxes once his father was off, noticing my fixated eyes on him, he looks away.

"I think we should change out of our clothes now." I start as I stride off towards the changing rooms, I was eager to get back to my weekends and I had promised Dix to call him back. But I was stopped as Adrien grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, his fingers wrapping lightly around my wrist.

"Ah, can we hangout after this?" He asks hopefully as his soft green eyes glints like a gem. This time, it was unavoidable - no Nathaniel to get me out of this. Sighing I was about to answer him till from the corner of my peripheral vision, I spot the faint glow of a moth - of all times to have Hawk Moth intervene.

"Akemi, I think you are now ready for the truth." Tsuki says slowly as he dashes in to the thick bamboo forest with his sister.

He has woken her up dead in the night, when he was sure their father was out on a visit to the neighboring brother shrine. He has debated whether or not to wait until she was more older - for she was only a child of 10.

"Tsuki-niichan? What's happening, at this point we're both going to be punished by father-" Akemi was silenced as she saw the look of urgency in her older brothers eyes.

"I'm not going to let you get into an arranged marriage with some brat and then sacrifice you to our dead gods after you bear a child for that brat."

"Break?" He asks again as he leans in close to survey my dark brown eyes. Realizing I wasn't dreaming and was in a flashback during reality check, I snap back from my trance and groan as I mentally made another note to complain to Hawk Moth about my unwanted flashbacks.

Just why did Hawk Moth want me to remember my past so much? And how is he even able to trigger those memories with just his moths?

Just who is my client?

"Yeah, Adrien sure, let's hang out." I say groaning as I pry his fingers off my wrist and walked briskly off towards the changing room. Unwanted memories seemed to be clouding my mind lately, and plaguing my mind like thorns. All because I was desperate for money and willingly took up this job for the money.

"I should've just stuck with torturing people for information." I growl to myself as I unzip the dress, feeling the soft satin pool onto the ground, I turn towards the mirror and study my aging scars littered all over my body.

"Disgusting." I mutter as I quickly dress myself up and leave the changing room, the heavy make up on my skin didn't change my difficult emotions that lay in my mind. Walking quickly out of the changing room, I approach the patient Adrien who was leaning on the reception desk with his eyes glued onto his phone.

"Adrien-"

"Guess what Break? Turns out my father wants both of us to be the icons of the fashion agency!" He says smiling radiantly as he slides his phone back into his jean pocket and bounces up to me like some type of bunny. I quirk an eyebrow at him, as he grinned himself silly at the idea of being my partner in modeling.

"What a pleasure to be partners with THE teenage sensation Adrien Agreste." I say mock bowing as I shoot him a smirk, he groans as he looks around and see the scoffs from people walking around us. Specifically at two gorilla like men and a stern looking women with glasses, who stood at the entrance of the agency.