Chapter 7

They didn't bother to change after the morning, and Chris stayed in just his tracksuits, Eddie had a shirt and shorts on and so did Mike.

They were walking out of the house, and when Chris turned to lock the door Mike took a run for the car.

"I'm calling shotgun!"

Chris quickly rammed the keys out of the door and threw them to Eddie, tackling Mike down and gesturing for Eddie to come over.

Eddie hopped over Mike, who was on the floor, and jumped into the front seat; closing the door.

"Sorry man, Eddie's going in" Chris said, chuckling at Mike who was already covered in dirt.

"No, you just have the hots for him" Mike giggled.

Chris rolled his eyes "whatever"

They all got in the car and drove to the court they were talking about earlier. The car ride wasn't awkward, just quiet from time to time and Chris and Eddie quickly shared small stares from now and again whilst Mike would laugh at the back.

"When's the wedding?" Mike announced.

"Shut up" Eddie and Chris said simultaneously

"What? Ed, come on. Chris clearly likes you"

"Fuck off Mike, I'm taking you down in the game"

"What, to impress Eddie?"

"Mike!" Chris snapped, pushing him with his free hand.

"You're gonna make us crash, Chris" Eddie sneered

Chris turned to Eddie, "shit, sorry Ed"

"Oh come on, If I said that to you Chris you'd say 'I'll reel down the window to make sure you fly out first' but when Eddie talks to you you're all soppy" Mike commented, doing a weird impression when mocking Chris.

"Well Mike, that's because I have a lot of respect for Eddie and he's kind, friendly.."
Chris nudged Eddie's cheek "and cute"

Eddie blushed and turned to Mike, giving him a happy look. Mike just returned with a thumbs up.

"Oh, we're here." Chris said, whilst everyone was unbuckling their seatbelts.

They all got out of the car and Chris pulled Mike aside, talking into his ear "I'm gonna beat your ass" He sniggered.

"Whatever, just make sure Eddie's looking" Mike remarked, Chris rolled his eyes and they all walked towards the court.

Eddie pulled a football out of the basket.

"Oh and go easy on me Chris" Eddie said, passing the ball to him

"Don't worry, and if I don't, you can return the favour" he winked.

Eddie chuckled "maybe"