Chapter 15

When Carter had woken up from his slumber, he was a little sobered up from last night but his head was pounding in pain, feeling like he was having the worst headache of his life. He slowly raised himself to sit up in the bed with one hand on his head, closing his eyes tightly. 

While Carter was trying to figure everything out, he saw that he was in an unfamiliar environment. He didn't know where he was at all. "Where the hell am I?" Carter questions to himself, looking around before slowly standing from the bed, almost falling back onto it because all the blood rushed to his head when he stood up.

The closest thing to come to mind was that he had broken into someone's house and was invading someone's private property. It wouldn't be the first time something like this would have happened. 

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit" Carter quietly says to himself hurrying out of the bedroom where the brightness from the hallway hurt his eyes. It was so dark in the bedroom, Carter didn't even know how bright it was outside of the bedroom.

It didn't seem like anyone was in the house, not that Carter bothered to try looking. If he really did break into someone's house, he didn't want to be caught. He managed to find the door and left the apartment. 

Meanwhile with Jake and Nate, they were still in Nate's tree house when Nate had woke up. When Nate woke up, it was to his surprise that Jake was already awake, just staring out the window of the tree house at the blue sky. "J-Jake?" Nate says in a tired tone, rubbing one eye as he sat up straight. 

"Awake?" Jake questions, now turning his head to Nate so he was looking at him while talking to him. 

Nate smiled lightly before answering "yeah, I just woke up...what time is it?" 

Jake pulled out his phone from his pocket, saying that it was five in the morning before Nate almost started freaking out. "We're going to be late for school!" Nate says, instantly getting out of the tree house while Jake watched Nate scurry out with a confused expression on his face.

Jake followed Nate who was now running inside the house to see all the lights were still off in the house. He followed Nate like he was a puppy to watch what he was doing and why he was going so fast. School didn't start for another two hours, so Jake was confused on why Nate said they would be late for school. 

Nate instantly went into the kitchen, going into the fridge while pulling out the milk and eggs, placing them on the counter before going to a cupboard and trying to look for something. It looked like Nate was making breakfast.

Once Nate found what he had needed, he looked back at Jake who was now staring at him with no expression on his face. "Can you go wake up my little brother? His bedroom is the second room to the right down the hallway." Nate asks, pointing to where the hallway was and Jake nodded meaning okay. 

Jake walked down the hallway, following Nate's instructions. He opened Nate's brothers bedroom door and poked his head inside. He observed his surroundings before entering the room and walking towards Nathan to see he was still sound asleep. 

Jake stared at Nathan with his classic 'emotionless expression.' He brought one hand down and shook Nathan's shoulder agressivley to get him to wake up. 

"Leave me alone Nate" Nathan says in annoyance, slapping what he thought was Nate's arm away. 

Jake continued to stare down at Nathan, not saying anything. He then brought his hand back to Nathan's shoulder and shook it once again. 

Nathan was now annoyed. He opened his eyes and turned his body to face who he thought was Nate, but was surprised to see it was Jake. "Y-You're..." Nathan says, still shocked Jake was in his house. He thought after the party his older brother went to, Jake would have ditched him for someone cooler, but he was mistaken.