Talk about the war

On a boring day Princess Skylyn, was in the castle library reading to distract her from her busy life as a princess. Normally though, she'd be practicing her swords man skills, but it has been raining all day already with no signs of stopping. "Man this day sucks" she said as she sat down with book in hand.

Jenn, the princess' assistant, passed floating next to her in a relaxing pose and groaned "Tell me about it." Skylyn on the other hand leaned againts the chair and slides down "Uhg... I hate this dress. Its so uncomfortable." She winned annoyed by it. Flipping stomach down looking at her "Can't do much about it 'princess'" Jenn says using air quotes.

Skylyn stands up and fixes her dress "I can't believe dad wants me to marry someone I don't even know. All because there's a rumor about that supposed 'Cold War'. Man, the northern kingdoms only want to fight don't they; aren't they tired of it?".

"I guess they have their own reasons for this stupid war" Jenn 'stands up' next to her while still floating a couple centimeters from the ground. "The King is trying to prevent all this from happening though".

"I know, but still, what if there is more to this 'Cold War' than what we have imagined" Skylyn starts walking to a ladder hanging from one of the book shelfs to get some more books.

"Well if it's that way the whole kingdom will end up in ruins and you can say 'bye bye' to the peaceful Asteria." Jenn says harshly.

"Yeah I know." Gets down from the ladder and starts talking again "But I haven't wasted my whole life reading these books for nothing." When Skylyn reached the ground she showed Jenn then book.

Jenn moved the book to the side and looked at her "He's just trying to avoid this whole 'war' thing." Suddenly a kitchen clock appears in mid air and starts to ring "Crap! My muffins!" Then rapidly grabbed the kitchen clock. "I'll be back. In the mean time keep doing your work." Quickly dissapears into a cloud of smoke.

Suddenly a dark cloud appears and someone falls screaming until they hit the floor. "Dammit Jenn! You could have atleast put me on the chandelier!!" Caro, a meifwa, one of Skylyn's personal guards, yelled.

Skylyn couldn't help but laugh. "Nice for you to fall in, Caro."

Jenn re-appears inside the room and says smugly "I'll throw you were ever I want." Takes out a muffin from the bag he's holding and takes a bite out of it. "Want some?" Says with a mouth full of the muffin and makes the bag float to were Skylyn is standing.

Skylyn reaches out for the bag and grabs a muffin. Taking a bit out of it and swallows it she spoke out of curiosity. "Say, I've always had this question... Are you a male or a female?"

He eats whatever is left of the muffin and answers. "I'm whatever..." He snaps his fingers and transforms into a girl. "...you want me to be." Snaps fingers again and transforms back. "In the end Im nothing. But that doesn't matter, does it?".

She bites whatever is left of her muffin and speaks "No objections".

Caro, who was left in the background, yells "Don't change the subject on me!" And shakes her tail angrily.

"Oh that's right... You're here" takes a muffin from the bag and throws it at her so she could catch it. "There. Take it."

Caro grabs the muffin and says angrily "You think food is gonna call me do-" quickly analyzes the muffin "Uu, it's chocolate chip!" Starts eating and stays concentrated on the muffin.

"Now that that's taken care of..." Makes the bag dissapear and continues talking "One of the Kings' messengers gave me these" as soon as he said that a pile of papers start staking up on the table. "He told me you need to sign these and then hand them over. He also said that the King has something important to tell you when you're finished".

Skylyn looks at the pile of papers and then at Jenn. "Can I just burn the papers and pospone the meeting with dad?" hoping for Jenn says yes.

"Okay" giving a false sense of hope. "That's what I would say, but as your royal assistant, I can't let you do that. Specially when it comes to posponing your father's meeting."

Skylyn sighs in defeat and when to her desk. "Well then. Better get started before I get another lecture from dad." Sighs once more and continues "You two are dismissed." Picks up a pen and grabs a paper from the pile and reads it.

"Better not be faking your work. Im gonna be keeping a look out." Snaps fingers and dissapears.

At this point Caro had already left a long time ago with her muffin.

She sighs as she actually takes her time to do her work because she knows it could affect her kingdom. "Alright" she says to herself as she continues her work.

Word Count: 850 words