Announcement

Chapter 2

So, let’s recap up to where we are so far:

First, we met Cece, I was called a cheater, then we were attacked and Laylee and I escaped on Sil, my drakon, and when we got back I was greeted with the news that two ambassadors had arrived early with a candidate and I took a nap on the roof. Great, now we can continue.

I woke up in the morning with the sun shining in my eyes. I cringed and covered them. Deciding to take a chance I closed my eyes and slid forward. My feet hit the edge of the roof. Feeling around with my hands, I grasped the edge tightly and lowered myself, turning so the sun wouldn’t be in my eyes, opening them slightly to gauge the distance to the balcony below. I took a deep breath and let go.

I fell onto the balcony and slid through the open window that led into my bed room. Aryn had just opened the door leading to my sleeping chamber, the room with my bed, and rolled her eyes. I sat there on the floor as she came over and closed the window.

“Does Lissa suspect anything?” I inquired, for Lissa posed the greatest threat at the moment. She’s forever nagging me about not sleeping outside, up on a roof. Something about how I could fall or something.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

You’ll notice soon enough that the High Council was protective of paranoid about the safety oftheir Queen.

* *  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“No, Milady, but Lady Lucietta does. The ambassadors are anxious to meet you and present the child.”

“Did you hear a name?”

“I did, Your Majesty. Melody Catlyn Lekka.”

Nice name, I like it.

“Age?”

“I believe that she is around 1 year old.”

“Got it. Where’s Nyra?”

“Stalling Lady Lucietta, Your Highness.”

“I love you girls. Let’s go get ready to meet the kid.”

“As you wish.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A Brief HistoryA story about people who don’t matter to the plot of this useless book: Aryn and Nyra were sisters, helped by the Queen when they were extremely young and, as a result, felt they owed her a life-debt. They were classified as “Queen’s Maids”, but were really much more than that to Queen Leoraena.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Aryn helped me up and rang the bell for Sarra to bring in my clothes. After I was neatly dressed in a dark purple tunic-like, velveteen shirt, flowing black capris, and a thick black silk sash, they sat me down to do my hair, which I loved. Today, they did a braided crown, on top of which they settled my diamond circlet.

I stood, ready to go, when Luci burst in.

“Stop stalling, Nyra. It’s pointless,” She shouted back at my poor maid servant.

She stopped when she saw me. “Leo, I have two ambassadors from Velikatine in the Throne Room who are very eager to meet you and you have a speech to give. The people of Surusiyal are worried that we are lying to them when we tell them that you are fine, simply because they haven’t seen you.”

“Don’t worry, Luci, I’ve got everything under control. The speech will be written and the ambassadors appeased in due time,” I assured her, “I already have a speech forming in my mind. Meet me in the Throne Room in fifteen minutes. Actually, better yet, I’m done here, so let’s walk down together.” I turned to Aryn, “Have a message sent to the ambassadors. Tell them I’m in the Throne Room waiting to meet the child.”