Life. Autumn leaves

Autumn Leaves

The leaves fall down, floating slowly towards the ground. The golden and copper colours covered the ground, concealing all visible green grass. That's just how September goes.

I walk slowly, one foot infront of another, taking in my surroundings. The cold air whips my face my nose turns red and I tighten my coat around me. I reach my bicycle, as it lies against the tree. Some leaves have decided to fall on it, some have avoided it. I take my bicycle by the handles and I hop on. The metal bars touch my exposed skin and make them cold. Goosebumps cover my skin as it trys to warm itself. I begin cycling, heading off towards my house.

As I whip past, everything around me briefly merges together. I continue on, avoiding incoming buses and vehicles, occasionally waving at neighbours and friends.

I reach the red door, standing out amongst the neutral exterior. I settle my bicycle against the porch. I search for my keys within my bag. I feel something cold and slightly heavey. I fish it out and place it into the keyhole. I turn the key and the door opens with a click I take my bicycle and hop it over the steps. I close the door when I am inside with the bicycle.

As I roll my bicycle along I figure out that something seems different. I frown and turn around. It seems awfully quiet. I place my bicycle on the wall in my utility room. I tip-toe out and search around my kitchen. A door squeaks and I turn. There is nothing there so I shrug it off and decide to head to the living room. I feel arms snake around my waist and I squeal.

I turn to face my boyfriend and a huge grin plasters my face. He regretfully lets me go before pointing off in the distance. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and tilt my head sideways. He points again and I look. There seems to be nothing so I turn to face him.

I see him kneeling, holding a box. Inside something sparkly is hidden.

"Will you marry me?" He asks.

The next moment I collapse on him, hugging him, embracing him. I kiss him tenderly before looking back at him.

"I'll take that as a yes", he grinned.

"Yes", I reply

With that I embrace him again, before he slips on the ring.

"Yes".