ONE - DIFFERENT

Jungkook doesn't expect change when he arrives at school that Tuesday morning.

His town, which was really more of a village, was small and rural compared to the other populated parts of Busan, so there weren't a lot of newcomers. For the most part, it was the same people that you attended all of elementary, middle, and high school with. In fact, the most change that they had gotten was having one or two people leave, narrowing the roster of their already scarce amount of students.

That only makes Jungkook twice as interested when a boy he's never seen before waltzes into the class, the small smile that's printed onto his plump lips growing wider, eyes turning into thin lines when he introduces himself as "Park Jimin".

Jungkook tilts his head, intrigued by the new figure that plops his stuff on a desk just two seats away from his own. 

It's not only Jungkook that's taken interest in this "Jimin", about the whole school has heard of him by the time that lunch rolls around the corner. Not only was he new, but he was good looking too? 

The school questions what they did to make a blessing like Jimin show up out of nowhere. 

Jungkook still finds himself glancing at the new kid from afar, who just so happens to be walking towards his direction, lunch tray in his hands with his arms linked together with another familiar face; Taehyung.

Jungkook assumes by the graceful laughter that fills the air that the pair had hit it off immediately, especially since Taehyung had a certain reputation of upholding the "social butterfly" status.

The duo sit down to the right of Jungkook, and it takes Taehyung a whole five minutes to finally acknowledge the younger's existence. He looked as if he had been slapped, almost doing a double take as he finally snapped out of his shocked expression, turning to Jimin.

"How rude of me!" Taehyung almost shouts, a small smile raising the corner of his lips. "I haven't even introduced you two, this is-"

"Jungkook," he introduces himself, sipping a small carton of banana milk. "And you must be Jimin?"

Jimin looks taken aback from Jungkook's stern voice, but a smile soon returns, nodding lightly. "Nice to meet you... Jungkook."

After Jungkook's small intervention of Taehyung's introduction, the blonde slaps him on his bicep, whining about how he shouldn't interrupt others while people are speaking. Jimin soon steps in, convincing Taehyung to laugh it off as they go back to conversing as they were before.

Somehow, before Jungkook zones out like he usually does, he catches something along the lines of "sorry," and "he's weird like that sometimes," leaving Taehyung's mouth, followed by a small giggle.

Jungkook has half a mind to hit him back from earlier, but stops when he hears another line of dialogue dissipate into the air.

"He's not weird, he's just..." 

He waits for him to finish his sentence, turning to see Jimin's eyes gazing back into his own.

"Different," he finishes,  a grin gracing his lips.

-----
EMOTIONLESS
-----
END OF "ONE - DIFFERENT"
-----

Notes:
For the first time in a long time, I didn't feel any hesitation with writing a chapter, and I'm really excited to continue this book!

So thank you all for sticking around, and I hope you stay till the end (Hopefully if there is an end) and enjoy!

~Candy