Chapter 2: Nia's POV

My eyes flutter open to see the sunlight flooding through our window. The bright blue walls were dappled wth sunlight.

I glance towards to Kenzie's bed and sigh as I realise she had her horrible dreams again. You would always find her sleeping with Maddie, her sister every night since that spinechilling day. Even just thinking about it makes me shiver. Nothing worse could of happened...

A tear trailed down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away. We've lost all hope of getting adopted now and we've just given up. We just have to keep going together.

I heave a sigh and put on the Salute album by Little Mix. The best band EVER!  I then get ready for the day while dancing to the music.

*1 hour later*

"Hey guys! Wait for me!" I screech trying to carry all my stuff and trying to gulp down my breakfast at the same time. I never knew it would be this hard. Maddie, Kalani, Chloe and Kendall turn around and run over to help me.

"Why do you have so much stuff! We're only going to school!" Chloe says.

"Am I the only organised one here? Actually why do I even have to ask. Yeah, I am. Remember what we have on right after school?" I question.

They all stare at me with equally puzzled faces.

"Seriously? It's our monthly meet up with Abby!" I say.

"Ohhh, yeah" they say in unison.

Let me explain, once a month we meet up with Abby. Our old dance teacher. But now that our parents died we always have to stay in the orphanage and now we dance at their competition team. The studio's called Club Dance and it's pretty good but I actually prefer Abby. Although, she screams her head off everyday she helped me improve immensely. And at our meet up we get some more dance training and we get to go anywhere we want!

"Wait! Where's Mackenzie?" Maddie asks anxiously.

"Let me explain. I purposely took a really long shower and delayed her so than I could talk to you guys about her birthday." I said.

"But her birthday is not until like 3 months!" Kalani points out.

"I know but I've got something real good for her!" I exclaim excitedly.

We reach Yogurberry and order our favourites. I check the time, 7:36am. Good, a bit more time until school and around 10 mins before Kenz catches up to us. We take a seat and I announce my ideas.

"Ok, so there is this competition for Little Mix fans. And you all know how obsessed we all are about the band especially Kenz."I begin with.

Once Kenzie actually started crying when we saw them at their concert. She lot her vice the next day coz she was screaming that much!

"What do you have to do to win the competition?" questioned Kendall.

"Well, you have to make a music video and a cover of a Little Mix song and post it on their website. The best one wins 8 tickets to go to their concert and backstage passes as well!" I exclaim.

"But how are we going to get Kenz to sing and make a video without her knowing it's part of the competition?" asked Kendall.

"We could make it with Abby today! Abby will surely know what to do!" Kalani says.

"You're right!" I say. Just a split second after, Kenzie runs through the door puffing hard.

"There you are!" she yells and jogs over to us. She slumps down next to me and steals my frozen yoghurt.

"Hey!" I exclaim.

"Please!" she pleads putting on her innocent puppy face.

"Why does that always work?" I sigh.

"Like magic, it will never get old." she laughs.

We all burst out in laughter. I check the time again: 8:14!

"Guys, it's already 8:14! We've got 6 minutes to get to school!" I yell. We glance at each other with frantic faces.

"RUNN!!" Kendall shouts. We collect our things and zoom out the door. Just as we arrived the bell went.

"Phew! We made it!" Kendall says.

"See you guys after school!" we yell as we part our seperate ways.