The Club

Read!

Hey there! I do apologize if any characters seem out-of-character (OOC). I will try to make them as in-character as possible, although I can't promise anything. I am a huge SSX Tricky fan and I would love to share this story with you guys. Please enjoy!

Chapter 1: The Club

Chapter 1: The Club

Kaori watched Mac press his fingers to the CDs at his booth and expertly mix some toons, filling the entire club with a hip beat that made everyone want to bop their heads to the sound and dance until they lost themselves in the music. It was a mix between Techno and Hip Hop that had the good 'ol untz untz untz and occasional whirr. Mac seemed to be enjoying himself immensely and was pleased to see people beginning to sway in the middle of the room, bumping into each other as the lights above flashed neon colors. She admired the passion he clearly felt when he DJ'd. It was somehow inspiring to Kaori, and she gazed infatuatedly as he got into it. She liked the way his eyes lit with pure energy and life as he tapped his foot and got this determined look on his face. She couldn't tear her eyes away.

The room was already getting hot as sweat began to perspire from rapidly moving bodies, and Kaori started feeling uncomfortable in the crowded space. She had never imagined herself coming to a place like this, a club of all places, but the SSX crew had all decided to go. Kaori felt bad about being the only one left out, so she reluctantly agreed to go along. The only thing that made her more enthusiastic was the fact that this was potential time with Mac outside of the tournament, but as the night wore on it was becoming clear to Kaori that she would be alone tonight. She pictured her comfortable bed back at the hotel with her favorite pink fuzzy blanket and sighed heavily as she longed to snuggle up inside its warmth with her special little brown bear. She stuck to her corner to avoid any confrontations, and simply chose to watch the commotion around her. It was hard to spot everyone from the group with so many people in one place, but she could see Eddie doing the worm in the center of the dance floor, break dancing and doing the robot, earning "Oohs" and "Ahhs" from nearby onlookers who urged him on. Kaori laughed quietly to herself at the scene and rolled her eyes when she noticed Psymon laughing manically at something as a few faces of strangers stared at him in a mixture of annoyance and horror.

Kaori began to feel awkward leaning against the wall by herself, staring aimlessly at the crowd as she caught a few suspicious glances her way. She got out her cell phone in an attempt to appear somewhat not anti-social. Her fingers moved like she was texting and she stared at the little panda peering over the top attached to her pink phone case, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration at looking preoccupied. It wasn't the first time she felt so out of place, and it filled her with such an unpleasant sensation of being an outsider that was all too familiar to Kaori. She glanced upward when she heard loud guffaws of laughter, noticing Marisol and Seeiah joking about something amongst themselves as they took shots. She was surprised to see them eyeing her, and began to walk her way. Marisol was already very noticeably drunk, tripping over herself in stiletto heels as she waddled her way over; Seeiah in tow.