Trap Cards and How They Work

Now you do the normal thing of scouting out the nerds playing style. He uses traps. A lot. This makes the other nerds gasp and cry. A lot. So why all this fuss out of one card in a deck of 40?

Trap cards.
Traps are essential. It's like with ancient Egyptians (coincidently the timeline for Yu-Gi-Oh starts in Ancient Egypt.) But when they had tombs, I.E. A really powerful monster, you don't want to lose that to an even stronger monster. So by using the odd pitfall or snake pit or my personal favourite trap: mirror wall, which halves attack points permanently of any opponent monster on the field, so a Blue-Eyes White Dragon could go from 3000 attack points to 1500 attack points all in the space of one turn and why? Trap cards. These things like Mirror Wall and Trap Hole and Royal Decree ( WARNING! DO NOT USE ROYAL DECREE AND MIRROR WALL TOGETHER, AS ROYAL DECREE STOPS ALL TRAPS FROM WORKING!!)
So that's it for today and seriously never mix a royal decree and mirror wall strategy together unless you have total faith in the cards.

Next up spells...
Infinite, one play or equip?
Or... turn based?
Shut up it's going to be basic...
Define 'basic'.
You think you're so smug don't you.