{Post-S2}🔸«Happy»🔸{Lukivia}

SUMMARY:
Olivia's plans to stay alone and inside during New Year's don't work out.
•§•
One could hear the screams of joy when the last droplets of rain trickled down the windows.
Everyone rushed out to throw blankets and towels onto the damp grass and road to provide seating for themselves.
But Olivia stayed put.
She was perfectly happy just watching from in here, behind the glass.

Before she could get too lost in thought, however, she felt something land firmly on her shoulder, causing her to jump.
"You alright?"
She let out a sigh of relief. "Dammit, Lukas, don't scare me like that. I'm alright, yes. Why, do you need me for something?"
Lukas shrugged. "No, you just... Looked kinda down. Uh... The others are planning on watching the fireworks from Jack's shop."
"Yeah," she replied nonchalantly, "I know."
"So... Why aren't you with them?"
"I could ask you the same thing."
His breath hitched.

"Well, I was- I wanted... It felt wrong not having everyone there. Like... I don't know, like a machine without redstone."
"Was that a joke?" Olivia asked, cracking a smile.
"... Well it wasn't meant to be, but sure."
She gave a small chuckle.
"You dork. Alright, you win," she received a cheeky grin in response, "I'll watch the fireworks out there. But how are we meant to get there? The streets are totally packed."

"I've got something else in mind."

"Romeo's tower, huh?"
"Yyyep." Lukas flashed her a coy smile.
"You really know how to show a girl a good time," Olivia joked.
"Only the best for my favourite nerd."
"Aw, I'm flattered," she snickered.
He poked his tongue out at her and received a playful shove in return.

They made their way to the front of the tower and sat down.
Gracefully tossing her arms on top of her legs, the girl sighed.
Her friend raised an eyebrow.

"What's up? Something wrong?"
"No, no, it's not like that," she chuckled. "It's just... This view is different, it's beautiful."
Lukas' eyes widened, then narrowed further as he smirked.
"Yeah," he whispered, gazing at her. "It really is."

It was silent for a moment before she turned towards him and they locked eyes.

"No."

"What?" He snickered mischievously as realisation dawned on her face.

"Oh my god, you did not just do that."
"I have no idea what you're talking about."
"Yes you do, you- good grief, I can't believe you'd say something so cliché."
"Well..."

The blond paused for a moment, turning away with a slight redness in his cheeks.

"Does it matter if it's cliché as long as it's true...?"

Olivia blinked slowly and turned away, covering her face. "Stooop."

Lukas grinned. "Are you blushing?"

"No!"

He leaned over, moving his face close to hers. "You're totally blushing."

"Shut up," she grumbled. "It's not every day a handsome guy in a leather jacket calls you beautiful."

The silence that followed was enough to convince her to peek between her fingers. "Lukas...?"

His skin had turned rather pink, at which she tried not to crack a smile. But why was he flustered now?

"You... think I'm handsome?"

Oh.

She cleared her throat and tried to act casual, leaning back on her hand. "Well... yeah. Obviously. These goggles are just for handling redstone, you know," she laughed nervously. "I'm not blind."