[2] Sleep - Flames and Death

Sleep [BoyxBoy]
Chapter Two
Jasper's POV

"Sometimes I see flames and sometimes It's people that I love dying."

Flames licked their skin, starting from their feet all the way up to the very top of their heads, screams erupting from their mouths, as their faces twisted into a look of absolute horror and pain.

Help! They seemed to cry, and I choked back my tears. Why aren't you helping us?!

I started to run forward to pull them out of the fire, that they could so easily walk out of, and yet they stood frozen in place, agony scratched on their faces. Suddenly I was jerked to the side though, and the background dripped away to a different area, one that I was all too familiar with...

I was standing in a dark abandoned office, which was a part of a school, I could tell since there was several desks lined up facing one direction, a chalk board, a white board, a teacher's desk, and several dusty computers in the back, but there was more...

People were sitting on the floor, all of them familiar to me to the point where I knew each of their names, dislikes, likes, favorite foods, their annoying habits...

I swallowed as suddenly a dark shadowed figure handed me a gun, and I could tell he was glaring at me.

"Shoot them." He commanded and I flinched, as the people all tried to escape, writhing in the ropes that held them still, tears leaking from a few of their faces.

I held the gun in my hand, and tears pricked my eyes.

"Do it!" The guy screamed, holding another gun up to my head. "It's you or them!" He shouted viciously, and I squeezed my eyes shut tight.

I don't want to do this, I don't want to do this, I don't-

"Do it!" He screeched.

Several gunshots echoed after, and I could tell the shadow man was smirking.

"Now for you," He stated turning to me and quickly pinning me against a wall, his hands sliding down to my throat.

"No!" I shouted, trying to push away his hands that firmly clasped around my throat making it start to burn as the oxygen was forced out of my lungs and he started strangling me, his black eyes glowing gleefully.

My lungs were burning, aching as I struggled against his grasp, trying to get free so I could inhale the precious air, but I felt weakness overcome me, forcing me into this black cold place all alone...

"Jasper!" Someone gasped, shaking me firmly.

I writhed against the wall only to realize it wasn't a wall anymore, it was my bed.

My eyes shot open, and I still felt the fingers wrapped around my throat, almost teasingly. I tried to suck in air, but it wouldn't allow me to.

I looked up, my vision darkening as I saw my foster dads looking at me scared, actually scared to see me like this.

Suddenly air flooded into my lungs, and I gasped it in thankful that the air cooled my burning aching lungs that screamed in relief. 

 "Jasper? Jasper, are you okay?" Evan was literally shaking, fear in his deep green eyes.

After I inhaled deep calming breaths and stopped shaking, I slumped back into the pillows, brushing my hair out of my face.

It's okay, it's okay... It was just a nightmare.