Chapter Two

srry it took along time!

When I woke up I looked around the room which was really bright. I started to sing my favorite song because it makes me feel better when I was sad. I wasn't that great of singer, just as i got to the sixth word I heard someone started to laugh next to me. I stopped right away and looked next to me, there laying down with a broken arm and cuts all over was a boy. He looked like he was in eleventh grade , he had black hair and green eyes. His smile was so bright and it made me smile too.  

"What?" I spoke smiling. 

"The girl that has been sleeping for about 13 hours just wakes up and starts to sing?" he said laughing a little bit. 

"While it makes me feel better,"I sighed and laid back down.  

"So what brings you here?" he questioned 

"Got hit by a car you?" I questioned back. I didn't want to tell him a lost my parents. 

"My father," he said looking down. 

"Oh I'm sorry," I spoke softly. He looked up at me and just gave a look like he didn't care that his father beat him. 

"Don't be I dont care, Im going to-" then a nurse walked in and looked at us checking our liquid stuff and looked at our paperwork. She smiled and walked out of the room closing the door."Im going to run away from the place, do you want to come with me?" I sat there thinking, I have nothing left so why not. I just smiled and nodded.  I slowly fell back alseep it must have been the drugs they gave me.

"Hey wake up," I heard a voice by my ear. I opened my eyes and in front of me was the boy. 

"What are you doing?" 

"We're running away." 

"I thought your kidding!" I said almost yelling. 

"Shhh, no get up and get changed," he whispered throwing clothes at me. So i just did what he said because I knew we were just going to get caught. 

I stood next to him nodding and he opened the door slowly and looked out. He motioned me to follow and I just rolled my eyes. We quickly ran down the hallway and then a doctor was coming around the corner. He started to panic and pushed himself and me in a small closet that could barely fit one person. I was just going along with it. We heard the doctor walk past the door and we waited a minute to open the door. He opened the door and ran out again holding my hand. 

"So whats your name?" I said as he was trying to focus on getting out. 

"Derek." He found the stairway and opened the door, I started to run but I tripped on my bad leg and hit the fire alarm. Loud beeps and sirens went off, people started to flood the rooms. The firetrucks were already here before I even hit the fire alarm, Derek looked at me and gave me a glare. I just smiled like a angel back. We ran down the stairs fast and we heard other people running down the stairs too. We got to the lobby and I saw a bunch of firemen in the lobby warning people it was a false alarm. I saw the firefighter who helped me and he saw me too. Derek must have noticed too and started to run faster holding my hand. I saw the firefighter start to move towards us and then started to run. "Derek hes running," I gasped. Derek looked back feared. I wanted to know why he want to runaway so bad. We ran out the doors and no one was out in the drive way which was good I thought for Derek, I'm just here because I don't care for life anymore now. I looked back there were a couple of people running after us now and one of them were speaking in a radio. Across the hospital was a forest, it looked pretty big from my point of view. We both ran for our life across the field and again I totally forgot about my leg. I heard shouts towards us to stop and police sirens. One of the police cars came to the hospital lighting up the field with its headlights. We were almost to the forest, we had no shoes and I was getting wet from the tall grass that held the fresh rain. The darkness from the forest scared me a little bit you could say I watched to many scary movies. Beams of lights from the police chasing us helped us the see what was in front of us.  

We ran for another hour and the police gave up about twenty minutes ago. I feel to the ground begging Derek to rest. He sat down next to me and we both tried to catch our breath. I laid down and past out. 

The sunlight woke me up, I looked to the side and Derek was gone. I sat up looking all around and he was no where in sight. I stood up and looking for footprints but nothing was there. I didnt want to shout because I had no idea where the police were. I didn't know what I wanted to get caught or be free. I feel to my knees crying, I looked at my leg and it was full of dried blood. I took my shirt off still wearing a pink tank top and wrapped it around my leg tight. I started to walk slowly toward the horizon the sun was rising from. My blond hair was almost brown from the mud and my face wasnt any better.  

I walked for about three hours, then I saw a tent and a pick-up truck. But what caught my eye was a cooler. I was so hungry, and thirsty. I ran up to the tent softly and heard snoring, I walked up the cooler and opened it. I picked up a sandwich and a water. I ate the sandwich like I haven't ate in a month. I sipped the water slowly though. I threw the trash on the ground and walked around the camp site for awhile. Around the truck was about twenty beer bottles all empty and blood on one that was broken. On the side of the truck was blood smeared down the side and going up into the back. I hopped up to look in the back and fell off right away throwing up from the smell. 

"Hey do you hear something?" A male voice said. 

"Just go back to sleep dude," said another voice moving. Then I heard the zipper open and a foot come throught the door I ran and slide under the truck. He picked up the trash I threw on the ground. He walked back the tent. 

"Guys get up someone else has been here!" he yelled. I heard three people get up quickly and rushed out of the tent falling over. 

"If someone finds out what we did last night we can go to jail dude," said one guy with brown spiked hair. 

"I know thats why we have to find the person in the camp," said the first guy. 

"I can't believe we killed Jack last night," said the one guy with brown shaggy hair. 

"It was a accident shut up Bradly!" blondy yelled, "Go find the person." They all flooded around. The guy with the spiked hair came towards me. My heartbeat so fast I'm surprised he couldn't hear it. His bare feet was right next to the truck and looked in the back. I heard him started to cry and fell to knees. My breathing got faster, he started to cry faster. I started to tear up, then his elbows hit the grounds and he went to wipe his eyes on his sleeve then he spotted me. I started to make gasp noises and tried to get out from under the truck. But then Bradly grabbed my feet and dragged me out. 

"Got her and she is pretty," he said rubbing the mud off my face. I shook my head to get his off me. He pushed me toward the fire pit and everyone gather around me. There was four of them and they were all smiling. I was shaking so bad I couldn't even move a finger.