Chapter 1

Deathbringer watched from his hidden perch in the trees as Glory walked out of her hut, her scales shining. He couldn't help but follow her out of the village, and into the rainforest. 

"Where is she going?", he thought to himself. He stealthily followed her through the rainforest, out onto a cliff overlooking a canyon. He had to admit, the view was beautiful.

 "I can see you Deathbringer." She called. " And, by the way why do you feel the urge to stalk me?". 

Deathbringer flew down to where she was standing.  "I am not stalking you, my queen, but protecting you from any danger. Might I mention that I saw some suspicious dragons following you out of the village. "

 This was a complete lie.

 "Mmm hmm. I don't need protection Deathbringer. I can protect myself". 

Deathbringer tried to look heroic, and not so smug. " I am just doing my job", he said taking a step closer to her, so their noses were only a few inches apart. 

Glory's scales turned a light shade of pink. "Well, if you would excuse me a queen is always very busy", she said, before turning and walking back towards the trees. 

'Wait! Glory" Deathbringer shouted. 

"Yes Deathbringer?", she asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

 "Can you, umm, meet me here tomorrow, maybe in the morning?" He asked sheepishly. "I have something to tell you but I can't right now".

 " Okay... I guess I can" she said. 

" Great, see you tomorrow". Deathbringer flew back to his hut, excited and scared at the same time.