Ten.

Happy new year loves, I hope it's a good one for you☺️
Here's some jarchie to welcome you into January:)
*

Back in the trailer, the rising sun began to creep in through the slip in the curtains. The flimsy fabric doing a poor job at hiding the light glaring across Archie and Jughead's huddled forms on the bed. 

Archie's wide awake, listening to the clock tick on the wall- it was like a countdown, a reminder while things are normal now, in the morning sun, the same can't be said for when the moons up later. The mattress under him is lumpy and pressing into his back, he may be sinking further into the sponge however because of the weight on his chest. Jughead's sprawled himself over Archie, nose pressed against the smooth skin of his neck and every time he sucks in a breath he can feel it dust over his skin- making a light trail of goosebumps appear. Jughead's dead to the world, just him and his dreams and Archie wished he could be in the same place right about now. Fast asleep instead of sitting up and thinking towards his future and how unknown it is. Whatever happens next Archie will do all he can to protect Jughead, he'll sacrifice himself if he has to- his life for Juggie's

It's when the sun has completely risen, hanging in the blue sky, that Jughead stirs awake. Shuffling against Archie's form, nuzzling deep into Archie's neck and sighing. 

"Did you sleep?" He whispered against his skin, he knows Archie's awake because of the hand rubbing up and down his back. 

"A little bit," Archie mumbled, he didn't want to spoil the morning quiet- the birds chirping outside. "I couldn't get more than two hours." 

"You don't have to sit up and keep look out, you know?" This time when he speaks, Jughead raised his head from Archie's neck- looking him in the eye. Archie noticed how tired he still looks, despite having slept all the night. "As much as I'm flattered you want to keep me safe; I'd rather you sleep." 

"Yeah well," Archie sighs, smiling gently at Jughead- who's hair is sticking up on end all over the place from his night tossing and turning. "When have I ever listened to you?" 

"You should listen to me though," Jughead slumps, dipping his face to press against Archie's chest once more. "I know my stuff." His voice comes out smothered by Archie's t-shirt- but he still managed to catch it. 

"Is that right?" Archie chuckled, curling his fingers up in his boyfriend's dark hair. For once he's not wearing that hat. He loves his hair, it's soft and smells of the shampoo he uses. He'd bury his nose in the strands to inhale the scent but Jughead would probably hit him. 

"Definitely," Jughead smirked, although it's disguised by his hidden face. "I'm hungry, make me breakfast slave." 

"Not until you ask me nicely," Archie huffed, purposely shifting away from Jughead- causing his body to slip out from under him, much to his dismay. "I will do no such thing." 

"Archie," Jughead whines, attempting to crawl back into his boyfriends hold. But again his moves away, this time sitting up, leaving him pressed against the pillows instead. "Surely you don't want me to be hungry." 

"Maybe, maybe not." 

Jughead sits up as well, his shoulder brushing against Archie's, he throws an arm around his waist and brings his lips to Archie's ear. 

"Please make me breakfast babe." His breath tickling the shell of Archie's ear- making him shiver. Jughead knows he had him, he was now putty in his hands. "I'll make it worth your while later..." 

And it's not because of the possible invitation of something far better than pancakes on the horizon that Archie stands up to make breakfast. He tells himself it's the hunger in his gut. And as he leaves the room, he doesn't dare look back at his boyfriend because of the smug look he knows is plastered on his perfect face.