Prologue

"Don't you dare say that shit to me cuz I'm not buying any of it. You know what? Get out! Get outtta my room and get the hell out of my house. I don't wanna see you around this place and I certainly don't wanna see you around Michael, not now not ever! "

Adam had done it. He had just chased off the mother of his child. The girl he made a mistake with. The girl he thought he had loved.

Being so carefree, Adam had never thought that he'd be in this kind of mess.

It was just a one time thing... At least that's what he thought. Now he had to live with it for the rest of his life. Not that he was complaining, he just wasn't ready for the mother of his child to show up all of a sudden after faking her own death when she found out she was pregnant, and especially not after abandoning their child and leaving him for anyone to find.

He had a son now. And he had the best person in the world by his side. He had Amelia. The girl he hated at first but got to like after knowing who she really was and it wasn't after seeing her naked. That was just a little stepping stone to know knowing her better. Now, he just couldn't do without her.

*#*

What was Taylor's intention? Why come back now? Why act like she cares?

I know she doesn't...

....or could she? Could something have changed?

Whatever it is, I don't have to worry about it tonight.

Graduation was coming up and this wasn't the type of thing I would like to occupy my mind.

I feel a pair of small hands circle me in a -just the right amount of tight- hug. I let the familiar perfume sink in and take me away.

Mia was always there for me when I needed her. I just couldn't risk loosing her in the midst of all this. 

Yeah... Just in case you still haven't noticed, I've gone soft. And I couldn't be happier being for anyone else.

Having Michael and Mia in my life requires me to let myself loose a little. I couldn't act so carefree and heartless when I should be looking after my child.

"What are you going to do now? " Mia's soft voice looms over me.

Didn't I just conclude that I don't wanna think about this right now?

A loud sigh seems to be the best way to let her know that I'm tired and in the act, let her down easy.

I sit on my bed, dragging her down with me. She falls on my laps. I see her twitch a little, meaning she must have fallen a little hard. Placing my hand on d small of her back, I pull her closer to me. Looking into those beautiful hazel eyes was something I couldn't resist at that moment. It seemed like eternity before we finally broke eye contact, and that was when my eyes shifted to look at her lips. Those perfectly carved lips.

Slowly, Mia closed the distance between us, both her hands already on my face. They were so tender.

Her lips touch mine, and without hesitation, I kiss her back, gently nibbling on her lower lip.

We must have been there for quite a while, because by the time I walk her to her house, which is just a few feet away from mine, her parents were already asleep. They didn't even know she would be returning home that night. They expected her to have slept over at my place. I really wish she would've

I kiss her goodnight and stroll over to my house but stop at the door, realizing how much I need the fresh air.

I sit down on the front step of my house and look up at the sky. It was so peaceful outside. If only my heart was as peaceful.

I know I said I wasn't going to think about Taylor, but it just seems like the best thing to do at this time. I mean, what better place and time to do it than here and now?

Now that I think about it, why I lashed out at Taylor back in the house is unclear to me. The normal me would look her in the eye and calmly tell her to fuck off. Could it be that I still have feelings for her and was just very angry that she would neglect our love? It couldn't be. Anyone would be upset if their child was dumped in the middle of nowhere by the mother of their child who was their lover once upon a time. It's all so confusing.

I hope Michael grows up to be a normal child after this. This even will likely leave a scar on the little guy.

"Adam, it's late. You should go in and get some rest!" a voice yells out. I turn a few times before I finally find the owner of the voice. I can't help but smile when I see Mia at her window looking down at me. She waves and I wave back.

She's right. It's way too late in the night to be thinking about someone who probably doesn't even care about his existence.

Mia closes her windows and disappears into her room. She should be tired after the long night. As if her night wasn't stressful enough, she had to come and meet Taylor and her drama. I feel so bad for dragging her into all these family issues. I just want her to be happy.

Taking her advice, I stand up and go inside the house, stopping at Michael's room first. He's asleep and his blanket has been kicked off from his body. Such a messy sleeper. I go over to his bedside and cover him properly with his blanket. Just then he looks at me. His face doesn't look like that of someone who was asleep. He holds my hand and mumbles through the pillow.

"Daddy, when is mummy coming back? "

*******************************

Okay, this is like the prologue of the story. So sorry for keeping you all waiting. I've been occupied. I hope you enjoy the book.

Like comment and vote

Thanks