Chapter 4: Make Up, or Break Up?

Toby's POV:

I sprint out of the loft and down the stairs while the girls chase after me.  They're not going to stop me from seeing Spencer.  She has to know that I feel horrible for what I did.  I can't let her go the rest of her life thinking I'm happy with the decision I made to cheat on her.  Just then, I run past an alley way and stop.  I take a couple steps back and see Spencer, sitting on the dirty concrete, behind a dumpster.  I quickly run into the alley way and crouch down next to Spencer.  Just when she's about to say something, I take my hand and cover her mouth as the girls run by the alley, still looking for us.  I take my hand off her mouth.

"Spencer, listen.  What I did was horrible, and I feel terrible.  I am the worst fiance in the world and I wish I could take these last few days back," I say softly, as I look into her sad, brown eyes.

She sits there quietly for a moment, then speaks up.  "But you can't," she says, tears now flowing down her face.  "Toby, you really hurt me, and I don't think I can ever forgive you for something like this," she says.

Those words feel like someone is stabbing me right in the heart.  My heart is broken, and now I know that's how Spencer felt when she saw me with Jenna.

Spencer's POV:

I'm fighting off the urge to wrap my arms around his muscular body.  But no, he's not going to get off the hook that easily.  Not after what he did to me.

"Spencer please, give me another chance," he begs, showing his puppy dog face.

"No, I can't.  I'm sorry Toby, but we're done.  At least for now," I state, sliding the sparkly engagement ring off my finger.  "Why don't you save this for someone really special?" I ask, my voice cracking, while tears flowing down my face.

I stand up, brush myself off, and walk out from behind the dumpster and back to my car as tears fall down my cheeks.  I drive to my parent's house and hope they'll let me move back in after I explain to them what happened between me and Toby.

[( A/N: Hey guys!  I really hope you're liking this story so far!  I know I love writing this!  Don't forget to comment and vote for the next chapter!  Kisses, -Amy )]