Chapter 14: You Promised Me

Spencer's POV:

I throw on a loose blue dress, a brown leather jacket, and some comfortable shoes and go to the Brew downstairs.  I order some water from Zach and walk to my car.  I'm about to step in, when I feel a slight buzz coming from my pocket.  I pull out my phone, which reads, "ONE NEW MESSAGE".

From: Unknown

"Hey Spence!  Excited for baby shopping today?  I know I'm excited to see your heart get broken into little bite sized pieces!  See ya at the mall!  Kisses, -A"

I feel tears start to build up in my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away and begin to drive.  I know -A is just messing with me, so I don't really pay much mind to the text.  On the way to the mall, I feel that babies kick for the first time, and I smile.  "I love you Riley and Drew," I say in a baby voice, and continue to drive.  I finally pull up the the Rosewood Mall, and hop out of my car.  I walk into the mall, and begin to look around.  Finally, after looking for a while, I spot the girls inside "Babies R' Us", looking at onesies.  I smile, and head inside.

"Hey girls!" I exclaim.

"Spence!  Look at you, you're glowing!" Emily says kindly.  I smile and pull them all into a hug.

"Alright girls, ready to burn a hole in our bank accounts?" Aria questions, and we rush off in all different directions.  Hanna and I head off to look at onesies, while Aria and Emily go to look at decor for the nursery.  

After hours of shopping, filled with "awes" and happy tears, we finally finished up and decided to head to the nail spa for mani-pedis.  The nail salon seemed to make me forget about -A, and I just relaxed. Being out with the girls makes me stress-free and happy, and that's what I love about them.

Hanna's POV:

This secret is tearing me apart.  I have to tell someone about Toby, or I'm going to lose it.  Spencer doesn't deserve this, and it's killing me not telling her.  But that's going to change right now.  After we finished up at the nail salon, we paid and started to walk out.  I caught up with Spencer and began to talk.

"Hey Spence, listen, there's something I've got to tell you about Toby," I whisper.

"What's that, Han?" she asks, nonchalantly.

"Well, there's no easy way to sa-" I begin, but Aria and Emily stop dead in their tracks.  I glance over at Spencer, who looks confused as to why they stopped.  I look in the direction that Aria and Emily are looking in, and realize why they've stopped.  Directly ahead of us is none other than cheating Toby Cavanaugh kissing, once again, Jenna Marshall.  And this isn't an ordinary kiss, this is a lustful kiss and Spence doesn't need to see this.  She hasn't seemed to notice yet, so the girls and I try to turn her the other way.

"Hey, why did you guys stop?" Spencer asks, still confused.

"Oh, it's nothing.  Come on, let's go to the other way, I hear they have a food court!" I exclaim, trying to change the subject.

"No, wait, what were you looking a-" she freezes, and tears automatically form in her eyes as she spots Toby and Jenna.

"Awe, Spence," Emily says, putting her hand on her shoulder.  She shakes it off and begins to barge toward Toby.  He pulls away from kissing Jenna and makes eye contact with Spencer.  His eyes widen, as Spencer lifts up her hand and slaps him in the face.  Hard.  He steps back, rubbing his face, and looks at her with sad eyes.

"How could you, Toby?  YOU PROMISED ME!" she shouts, sprinting out of the mall and into her car. The girls and I stampede towards Toby.  I go after Toby, and Aria and Emily go up to Jenna.

"Listen Toby, if I EVER see you anywhere near Spencer again, I will make sure your life is a living hell, you got it?" I snap.  He nods, looking down, then I stomp on his foot with my heel.  He pulls back, holding his foot in pain.  I smirk.  Emily and Aria surround Jenna, and shove her to the ground.

"I hope you two are happy together," they say, then follow me out of the mall.

Spencer's POV:

I speed home to the loft and quickly pack my things, making sure to get everything I can before Toby gets home.  After I finish packing, I take a lamp and smash it on the floor, smashing other things as well.  He broke my heart, so I'll break his belongings.  I finally leave the loft, and begin to drive. I'm not really sure where I'm going, but I continue to drive until I find myself at the Rosewood scenic overlook, the place where Toby proposed to me, the second time, a week ago at this very spot.

I slide my engagement ring off my finger and stare at it's beauty.  Upon taking a closer look, I see engraving on the inside.  I squint as I read what the engravement says, "Always my goofball, -T". Tears stream down my face as I remember the first time we played Scrabble in that hotel room.  He used the word "goofball".  I smile to myself, but then remember the numerous times he hurt me.

And I will never let that happen again.

[( A/N: Sorry for the crappy chapter, but this Spoby break-up was pretty surprising, wasn't it? Don't worry, I've got more surprises for you in store!  Don't forget to comment and vote for the next chapter!  Oh, and sorry for the long wait @pllspobyfanfics!  I know you get a little impatient ;)  Kisses, -Amy )]