Chapter 2

Halo City is the home of most whom reside on the Angellius demesne. Its people are refined and live at a high level of sophistication. There are neither forms of poverty nor anxiety amongst those who dwell here. The city is built on vibrant red bricks with many flourishing marble pathways. As marvelous as the city may be, its exquisite beauty is nothing in comparison to the structure that exists in the northwest corner of Halo City, the Eldest Castle.

Besides a few rooms, the Eldest Castle is made entirely of deep red bricks that have magical scribes etched through its completeness. Although it's square shape is not truly wide and outstretched from its base like the castles on other demesnes, this one is instead extraordinarily lengthy and possesses a countless amount of levels and floors. No matter the time of day or night, this majestic castle is always illuminating a exhilarated vision of itself. Just to ensure the heightened enchantment of appeal for the Eldest Castle a portion of a living stream, known as the Archaic Drift, endlessly shifts and prances alluringly around it.

Inside the Eldest Castle, at its center, is the most captivating courtyard. Seven granite pillars hold this courtyard, which preserves exuberant energy of various colors inside each. At the core of the courtyard is a huge clear circular glass that has the words Angellius Point of the Six Unitalius Points written in the oldest of text. The courtyard is astonishingly sizeable with a plethora of people constantly entering and exiting throughout.

This particular day, within the shuffle of ongoing people, the Guide of the Angellius demesne, Lius Zethros, walks with his hands calmly placed behind his back. He wears a maroon hooded robe that is almost exact to Roen's, except Lius's robe has the words Ascended Guide in the origin text embroidered over the left chest piece. This middle-aged Guide has a hardened but angled face that holds an unique level of rugged attractiveness.

"Are you ready?" Lius asks, loudly in a firm and assertive tone.

Carefully circling around him, but remaining to form a perfect triangle, is his pupils and Seats of the Angellius demesne, Kale, Jhene, and Liisor. The three Seats of Guide Lius are easily seen to be younger than he as they look to barely have crossed the threshold into adulthood. Like their Guide, they wear a maroon hooded robe but stitched over the left chest of their robes are the words Ascended Seat in the origin text.

"Guide Lius, do we really need to train in the confines of all these people," Liisor asks, while carefully circling his elder and keeping a cautious gaze over the people that walk care free around them. Liisor has always been the most cautious of the Ascended members, as well as being the most calculating out of the three Seats. His appearance reflects the described demeanor as his angled face is piercing and tense and his small black eyes are forever shifting in every direction. Even his straight black hair, although relatively long, angles to cover his eyes and ears, maximizing acuity while giving a sense of virginity. "I mean they can really get hurt if we are not mindful of them."

"Do you truly believe that we will never have fights where innocents are not entangled, Liisor," Jhene scolds, showcasing her typical shrill approach. Her fervently hazel eyes burn into Liisor's just as cold and insensible as her tone. Everything about Jhene, her tense olive skin and straight free-flowing long dark-brown hair, gives off a sense of absolute seriousness and unconditional notion for truth toward all things.

"Jhene is right," Kale agrees, but in a much more subtle tone. "We must learn to not permit anything to be our distraction... including those that we have sworn to protect."

Kale, the prince of the Ayriel demesne and son to Crown Araude and Lady Maniida, is a great blend of his parents. Tall, bold, and strongly built like his fierce father. Wide and welcoming hazel eyes with light brown freckles perfectly placed atop both cheeks are exact replicas of his charismatic mother. His unique blackish-red hair is perfectly cropped, accentuating his natural charm.