numero veintiocho -epilogue-

A/N: I'VE WRITTEN THIS OVER AND OVER, BUT IT NEVER SAVED AND PUBLISHED ON MY COMPUTER, SO HERE I AM, REWRITING THIS FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME ON MY PHONE. UGH I'M STRUGGLING. I had to listen to Serendipity a few times to keep my cool. I think I'm fine.

*the day Jungkook woke up*

Author's POV:

"AGH!" Jungkook grabbed his head in frustration and gently tugged on his hair.

"Jungkook?!" His lover Jimin came to the scene and threw his arms around the younger.

"Hurts..." Jungkook whined in Jimin's arms.

"What hurts, Kookie?" He rested his chin on the younger's head.

"My head... in the drawer... top drawer... painkillers... can you-"

"Say no more, Jimin to the rescue." Jimin leaned over and grabbed the pills from the said drawer and handed the bottle to Jungkook.

"Thank you." He pecked Jimin's lips and put a couple pills in his mouth.

"Water..." Jungkook said.

Jimin grabbed Jungkook's almost empty water bottle and handed it to him.

"Thank you." Jungkook mumbled with water in his mouth.

"So what was that all about?" Jimin raised and eyebrow.

"What? Me waking up and screaming? I just... had a dream I guess." Jungkook shrugged it off.

"A dream? Care to elaborate?"

Jungkook shifted in his position.

"Well uh..." He inhaled deeply for the mouthful of words he was about to say. "We were dating... and um I sort of unconsciously cheated on you. You thought I was drunk every night because I came home with someone that wasn't you.  We had a fight over it, and eventually you killed yourself because of your feelings. It turns out I was drugged? But you came back in some sort of... afterlife? You came back as a thing called a Wisp, and Taehyung and Hoseok we're these 'Wisps' too. Soon after you died, I was put in a mental hospital, but then was released a few months later. Because of fate, I bumped into you and I guess we just fell for each other again... literally and figuratively. Anyway, you got kidnapped by Yoongi who abused you and beat you because you didn't love him back. Taehyung and I were gonna save you, but I couldn't because I was human. So I told Taehyung to kill me and bury me so I could become a Wisp. He did and we went. By the time we were ready to escape, Yoongi's men got to us and injected you and Taehyung with a poison. Right before he got to me, I woke up."

"Jungkook..." Jimin sighed.

"Huh?"

"That um..." Jimin was hesitant. Was he really about to tell his boyfriend that all of that was real? Jimin was actually dead? Hell, even Jungkook himself was dead. He deserves the truth... doesn't he?

"Listen, Jungkookie..."

"I'm listening."

"So, that dream you had..."

"Yeah? Come on, Jimin~"

"It wasn't a dream." Jimin blurted out but then immediately covered his mouth with his hands.

But Jungkook burst out laughing.

"Wow, Jimin. I almost believed you. Good one, now tell me what you actually were going to tell me."

"I wasn't kidding..."

Jungkook laughed again.

"Really, Jimin. Stop playing with me. My stomach is going to hurt from all this laughing."