«09»Lalalalalalala

Angel (not edited)

Days have flown by really fast here in California. We had just one day left before classes officially start.so far the only friends I've made were Zion,Nick,Austin,Edwin, and Brandon. I really need to make a friend—that's a girl. The guys are cool but all they talk about is video games. When they talk about music, then I get involved in the conversation. Too much testosterone for me sometimes. They have no clue about girl problems, just the basis. We were in the main gigantic cafeteria when the topic of periods came up. I have no idea how the topic got to this. As usual I wasn't even participating in the conversation just occupying myself by eating. The conversation went a little like this;

"How about you ask Angel if I'm so wrong!" Brandon nearly shouts across the lunch table. This makes me snap my head up. "What?" I say.

"Well Nick here says periods couldn't hurt that bad. Come on, girls bleed out of their—"

"Lalalalalalalalalaalalal!" Austin sings loudly blocking out what Brandon was about to say but we all know what he was going to say. I choke on my water when he says it like it's no big deal at all.

"Umm...well I'll be truthful. It hurts like a bitch! You don't even know the beginning of the feeling of cramps." I say.

"See Nick." Brandon points out changing to another topic as if this one never happened.

I can't really complain though. There's never a dull moment with these guys.

"So guys what are we going to do today?" Edwin asks curiously. We are all currently all gathered in Austin and I's dorm room.

"Where's Zion?" I ask seeing that he was the only one absent from the group.

"Trying to look good for you." Edwin points out with a grin. The rest of the guys let out contagious laughs especially Brandon's. "Sorry Arreaga, but you might have just won the ugliest laugh of the year." Nick says in between sections of laughter. "Yours isn't any better Mara." Brandon says.

My phone buzzes and I slowly zone out of their conversation and look down, reading the texts carefully.

Unknown
'I heard you go to UCLA, is that right? And I enjoyed seeing you even if I didn't get to talk to you directly.

Unknown
I like how protective your little boyfriend is. That's cute but he'll never be able to keep me away from you.

Oh hell no. I think it's about time I got that block button, so I do just that. I couldn't help but worry how creepy my father sounds. If I ever met my dad, I didn't expect that it would start out with creepy messages.

He'll never be able to keep me away from you.

That keeps repeating in my head. What if something bad happens to Zion? Nope, I can't let that happen. I let out a sigh of relief when I see Zion walk through the door with a smile.

Zion immediately walks over to me sitting next to me. He takes my phone out of my hands noticing my blank stare off into space.

"That's not true. I'll fight for my life and yours to keep him away from you, screenshot these and send them to me for proof as evidence and send his number to me." He promises grabbing my hand, lacing his fingers through mine.

I guess that text displays somewhat of a threat...right? Of course his would happen right as I'm about to start college. I never have good luck anymore. I already knew that my stress level was gonna be high in college but now this is like off the charts and I haven't started.