Chapter Eight

Killua POV

Long past the events of the Valentine's Day food fight, we continued our studies with a certain type of determination that I knew would burn out.

Of course, said determination consisted for spending hours on end studying for tests that would soon read their nasty heads, but, by the time it reached marched, the closest thing I even got to a test was the first-day examination.

Bisky was always critiquing our work and attempting to make us better all-around musicians. She'd focus on the professional presentation that we put forward and our posture during playing. She'd drill us on every Latin term that could possibly have to do with music and near killed us with the number of hours we'd spend in her office, listening to our individual assignments for the weekend.

Though she could be an old hag, she helped us all improve, extensively— but that's to be expected of a Hunter University Music Class.

As for the other three in the room, I found them each to have their own auras.

Sheila was quiet and reserved, kind of like a mouse, but give her a piece of jazz or pop music and she could light up the room like a concert on her bass.

Ian was stiff and snobby beyond compare, much like the kids at my old school, but he always made sure to listen when we were being taught. As for his music, I can't say much they hen the fact that he was like a robot. Perfect precision, but only playing exactly what was written out on the paper; whether that's good or bad, I have yet to decide.

Lastly, there's Chikio, who insists on being called Chi. Out of everyone in the class, she's the one I have the most complaints about, but it's only because I spend the most time with her. The second day of class, she sat right beside and wouldn't shut up until I would respond to her questions, and from there out, we formed a little bond— consisting of me being peeved and her laughing.

In class, she's as good as a bassoon player could come, always playing with the right amount of vigilance but knowing when to back off, which I respect.

Now, I sit, staring out the window with a blank stare, listening to the latest update in the musical community, which Chi had already updated me on— the girl knows her way around.

One more day until Easter break raced through my head in a vicious cycle, trying to block it the sudden squeak came from Sheila.

Probably just heard about the death of that pop star... or was it a jazz musician?

Tanned fingers snapped in front of my face, followed by the jingle of metal brackets, and me refocusing into my environment.

"Earth to Killua, the man of wonders," Chi yell-whispered in my face, as to not catch Bisky's attention.

"Hmm," I responded before looking over at her now pastel blue hair. "Whadda ya want?" I slurred, still a little drizzly from my zone out.

"I was going to ask where you're going for Easter Break. I'm going to the Bahamas with my family, so you can't count on me for company."

I rolled my eyes, "I'd call Hisoka the Drama teacher for company, before I'd call you, Chi."

Slightly gasping, and dramatically putting a hand on her chest, Chi faked a pout. "That hurts Kil. Here I am trying to start a convo, but you ignore then diss me."

"All in a day's work," I smile before turning my attention to the clock above the board.

"But now you're ignoring my question, which means that you don't actually have plans, or..."