Chapter 9: Little Surprise

"Father, Mother, Lawrence, Alice" Said King Dice as he tried to hold back a couple of tears.

"Son" Replied Adrien Dice as he wrapped an arm around King Dice.

They all had a family hug, Elder Kettle, Cuphead, Mugman and Cherry all looks towards them happy and smiling.

"Thank You for their address Elder Kettle... I appreciate it so much" Whispered Cherry into Elder Kettle's ear as she gave him a small smile.

"You're welcome Cherry... anything for family" Replied Elder Kettle as he gave Cherry a hug.

"I've never seen you at one of these Balls... what made you change your mind?" Said King Dice as he let go of his family.

"Well you see son... we've never been invited to one of these Balls... the person who invited said they were the Devil's new pet" Replied his father as he wrapped an arm around his wife.

King Dice looked confused at first, who could be the Devil's pet? Descretly King Dice looked around the room to try and think who it could be. Then he looked over towards Cherry and realised it was her. He smiled slightly and shook his head very discreetly.

"Hey Father look, it's Elder Kettle, Cuphead and Mugman" Said Alice with a high pitched voice, as she pointed over towards them.

They all looked over towards them, with King Dice trying not to give anything away that he was in love with Cherry. Slowly they started walking over towards the four of them.

"Elder Kettle, lovely to see you and boys again" Said Adrien Dice as he held out a hand to shake Elder Kettle's.

"Adrien, nice to see you and the family again" Replied Elder Kettle as he shook Adrien Dice's hand with a smile on his face.

All the Dice family sat down at the table, King Dice was next to Cherry, Alice Dice was next to King Dice, Adrien Dice was next to Elder Kettle, Doreen Doce was next to Adrien Dice, and Lawrence Dice was inbetween his mother and little sister. Cuphead was sitting next to Cherry and Mugman was inbetween Cuphead and Elder Kettle.

"So Son, who's the young lady with you that seems to be matching your attire?" Said Adrien Dice as he looked towards King Dice and Cherry.

"Oh my apologies... Father, Mother, Lawrence and Alice this is Cherry" Said King Dice we a small smile on his face a he looked over at his family.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance" Replied Cherry as she gave them a small smile, and her cheeks flushed a light pink.

They all started talking and having a convosation. This lasted for a while until the Devil placed a hand on King Dice's shoulder.

"Dice... can I speak to you for a moment" Said The Devil as he started walking off to the side of the room, he tilted his head to beckon King Dice to follow him.

Slowly King Dice stood up and followed the Devil, King Dice still wasn't pleased with what the Devil had done eailer.

"Answer me this... why is your family?" Said the Devil he lent up against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Someone invited them... and I have no idea who" Replied King Dice, he lied to the Devil to keep Cherry safe so she wouldn't get hurt again.

The Devil raised an eyebrow, not believing what King Dice was saying. He glanced over at the table King Dice was sitting at. The Devil started chuckling, making King Dice slightly nervous.

"Oh I think I might know" Said the Devil as a sinister grin grew upon his face.

"You know I should be giving you a hard time... but seeing as you didn't know about it... I'll let you off Dice" Continued The Devil as he gave King Dice a nod, then started to walk back to the guests in the ball.