01

WHAT  A LIL CUTIE,

WHAT A LIL CUTIE,

OKAY ENOUGH TALKING

it was nice meeting you, sir

EVERDINE

I stayed for a little while, in this full of aesthetic coffee shop. With their indie instrumental music and expresso made me calm. Actually, this coffee shop has been a second home for me. Even when I was young, whenever my parents would have a fight. I can't even stand hearing their yells at each other. I ran away from them and find this as my own dwelling place.

"Miss, it would be lovely to stay here forever but the shop will be now closing."

I finally went back to reality, I realized it was already past eight and I have to go home or else, my mom would end up calling the police. Yeah right, the last time I checked, my mom even made few posters of me goubg missing in our vicinity.

I quickly drank the tea all the way up and stood up from my sit, "It's okay." I replied and gave the waiter a tip. "Sorry but I can-" I interrupted her, "Take it. I wouldn't mind." She was suprised but she took it anyway, I giggled.

As I took my coat off the wall hook, raindrops started pouring above. It sucks to bring a coat without an umbrella, I thought and sighed. I still have to finish my school works for the upcoming reports in our university. As I was worrying about my school works, I started to worry mom. It's been actually a month since our father left us with another woman, it was quite tragic and sad for me and most especially to my mom. Well, time will come that selfish man could come begging for him to come back in our family, I wouldn't even mind to give him a quick punch on his annoying face after what he did to us.

It's unforgivable.

Ever.

It seems that the rain is getting heavier and heavier, I decided to stay long in this bench. The lights above started flickering as if it's gonna run out of life. Streets began to be silent, only raindrops falling on the ground produce loud sounds, I didn't even bother but was hoping that someone could help me in this unfortunate situation right now.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed and as expected it was my mom calling.

"Hello..." I trailed off.

"Everdine Grace, where are you?" I knew this would happen.

"I was at a coffee shop with myself only. I'm sorry I didn't bother to update you."

"Please, don't do that again."

My heart sank upon hearing that.

I'm sorry.

"Yeah. I have to wait 'till this rain will be gone."

"Okay, you better be...h.." the connection suddenly went off, realizing that my phone is almost dead, I mean no, it is already dead.

"Shit." I cursed out, irritated.

"You know it's bad to curse." A sudden voice appeared - taken by surprise, I looked up and it was a boy.

About my age but what's different is that...

He is beautiful.

No words could describe how beautiful he is. It's been a while that my heart began to be restless until I saw this guy and what's worse, he is a stranger.