Joining a Club

Today was the start of a new school. Many people wouldn't be excited about something like that but there was one girl who was, (Y/n) (L/n). Why was she excited? Well because she wanted to join the basketball team. She was walking around now seeing people joining clubs. Her and her older brother Kentaro was walking around trying to search for the basketball club.

''Ken-Kun, What are you going to join?'' Asked (Y/n) as she walked with her brother. Ken who was much taller than (Y/n) thought about it.

''I Don't know. Maybe chess club.'' Said Kentaro. (Y/n) sighed.

''I wish you were able to play basketball too. We would have been a dynamic duo.'' Said (Y/n). Kentaro chuckled.

''Yeah, that would have been fun.'' Said Ken. (I'll just say Ken cause that's his nickname). ''I'm going to go look for a club. How about you go around and look for your club?'' (Y/n) nodded.

''Alright. We'll meet back up later than.'' Said (Y/n). Ken nodded. The two then part ways. (Y/n) was squeezing her way pass people. As she continued to walk she passed a very tall boy with red hair and eyes. He was walking the other way. She continued walking till she saw a girl with short brown hair and a boy with glasses next to him. A boy was laying on the table crying.

''That guy was so big.'' Said the boy.

''It's reassuring though that we have him wanting to play basketball.'' Said the boy with glasses.

''Basketball? That must be the sign up place.'' Said (Y/n). She walked over to it.

''Hello.'' Said (Y/n). The girl with short brown hair looked at her.

''Hello, are you looking for a club?'' Asked the girl.

''No, I would like to join basketball.'' Said (Y/n).

''You want to be the manager?'' Asked the girl. (Y/n) had a tick mark on her head.

''No, I want to be a player.'' Said (Y/n). The three looked at her surprised.

''You want to play on the basketball team? Aren't you a little uhhh short?'' Said the boy with glasses. (Y/n) jumped high and landed on top of their table.

''Do not underestimate my height. I may be short but that doesn't mean I can't play. Trust me when I say there are advantages to being short.'' Said (Y/n).

''Ok, but your also....a girl.'' Said the boy with glasses. The brown haired girl and (Y/n) both looked at him with narrowed eyes.

''What's wrong with being a girl?'' Said the two girls at the same time with anger.

''Nothing nothing at all.'' Said the boy with glasses. The brown haired girl looked at (Y/n).

''So you want to play for the team huh? I just want you to know that there is only boys on this team so far. You don't mind that?'' Asked the girl.

''Boys or girls it's all the same. Gender doesn't matter when it comes to basketball.'' Said (Y/n) as she smirked. The girl smiled at her.

''Than here is a paper to sign up.'' Said the girl. (Y/n) jumped back off the table and sat in the tall chair. Her feet couldn't even touch the floor. The girl handed her the paper. (Y/n) took it and filled it out. She handed it to the girl and hopped off the chair.

''I'll see you soon.'' Said (Y/n). She started walking away. The girl looked over her paper.

''Her motive is to show that you can be short and a girl and still be one of the best players.'' Said the girl.

''I don't know about her. Are you just being nice?'' Said the boy with glasses.

''You can't judge a book by its cover Hyuga. Who knows. She may actually be good.'' Said the girl. Another boy came over and sat down. ''Hello, you want to join the basketball team?''