Don't Touch That

"Dude. Don't you dare." The chair underneath him squeaks as he moves his weight forward, still perched. One finger is raised from a clenched fist. It points to a dark-hooded figure on the other side of the shared kitchen. "Those are mine. Stark bought them for me from Japan. They're special."

The figure looks at me then at the box labeled "Best Bread Crumbs". The hood chuckles. A glimpse of silver is seen taking the box. In a sharp mumble, "I need them more, Hawk."

Oh, the little fucker. "James Barnes!" The chair falls with a loud crack against the too nice wood floor. I chase the ex-assassin down the halls, grabbing the closest things to my hands and retching them at Bucky. Expensive or not, screw it. It never crossed my mind.

I see Bruce walk out of the elevator mumbling something about Thor snoring, labs, and beds. Bruce in return sees me, who is watching the scene unfold, and silently curses to himself if he wakes up the Hulk.

It was way too quick. An expensive vase (I'll hafta explain that to Tony later) hurdled towards Bucky, but with a swift dodge, made its way towards Banner. Within a quick blink of an eye, a nervous glance between Bucky and I, the Hulk was awake and grabbed me first in a rib-crushing grip. Bucky chuckles and hauls down the hallway.

"Bird-Man stays here with Hulk," I feel some ribs breaking. Great. "Where is Silver-Arm?"

I wish I didn't gulp out loud. "Well, he went somewhere."

"Then Hulk find him with help."

"Shit." I'm screwed.

Well... Let's just say, there was a couple holes in the wall, a seething Tony, a bionic arm thrown out somewhere, and a happy bird picking up his unharmed bread crumbs.