Chapter 1

In the center of Manila lies Binondo. There lives a man named Kendrick who really wants to meet his best friend who is a Filipino living in Saigon. They have been best friends since Kendrick was a little boy in Uno High School.

Kendrick is in his room, wondering if his best friend is still in Saigon (Sài Gòn). He has not talked to him for the last 10 years. Ten years ago, he told Kendrick his address in Saigon. Now, Kendrick will go to the agency to book tickets.

He goes to the agency to inquire.

"Hi, may I inquire tickets to Ho Chi Minh (Hồ Chí Minh) please?"he asks.

"Of course, by the way, my name is Benedict and I will be here to assist you today. What airline do you want to choose, the choices are Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines," says Benedict.

"I'll go with Philippine Airlines," answers Kendrick.

"Sure, will do,"

After booking tickets, he goes to Lucky Chinatown Mall and buys a luggage. After he eats dinner, he goes home and he packs his things. Five more days and he'll be in his 5-day trip to Saigon.

The day finally comes - his trip to Saigon. He rushes down and goes to NAIA 2 or Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2. When he arrives, he is shocked that there are only a people who are going to the airport now. When he gets in, he knows the answer to his question, he is still too early and there are still no flights and no check-in counters open. He arrives there about 4 hours before his flight. So, he waits in the chairs.

Finally, after 1 hour, the counter for PR597 bound for Saigon is open. He checks in his bags in the business class counter and goes through immigration and security. When he is in the transit area, he goes to Gate N5 and sees if the plane is already there. But it is not, so he proceeds to the Mabuhay Lounge.

After an hour, he goes out of the lounge and proceeds to the gate. The plane has arrived and is about to board passengers.

After 5 minutes, "Thank you for waiting, flight number PR 597 bound for Saigon is for boarding, please wait for further instructions. Thank you," the person in the counter announces.

After 5 minutes, the business class passengers are told to board. So, he goes in. He realizes that his seat is occupied. So, he asks a cabin crew named Chelsea, "Excuse me, why is my seat occupied?"

"May I look at your boarding pass, sir?" Chelsea says.

So, he gives Chelsea his boarding pass and she realizes that the one occupying his seat is in the wrong seat so she gives the seat to Kendrick.