Chapter 6

The fourth day comes, Kendrick is in his bed just about to wake up. It's 10:00 a.m. in Saigon. Kendrick wakes up. He takes his bath, and goes down. He asks the concierge where else can he go.

"Good morning, Alyssa," Kendrick greets to Alyssa, the one who helped him.

"Oh, hi," Alyssa greets back, "What can I do for you again?"

"I want to know where else can I go," questions Kendrick.

"Oh, have you gone to the Bưu Điện (Post Office), or the Fine Arts Museum?" asks Alyssa.

"Which much is nearer?" Kendrick questions.

"The post office, go straight towards Diamond Plaza and before Diamond Plaza, you'll see it," answers Alyssa.

"Ok, thanks again," says Kendrick.

"Your welcome," answers Alyssa.

Kendrick goes out and walks there. He goes straight on Đường Đồng Khỏi and straight to Công Tường Công Xã Paris (Cong Xa Paris Street) and reaches its destination.

He goes in the post office and sees how the Vietnamese preserved their old things. After, he doesn't know where to go again, he thinks he already went to all the nice places that he wants to go, he decides to go to Vincom Center to eat lunch first.

Upon arrival, he goes down to eat Phở 24, his favorite restaurant.

"Welcome back, Kendrick," Janelle greets.

"Hi,"Kendrick greets back.

"One Phở Nam and Giò Chả please," Kendrick orders.

"Ok," says Janelle.

Janelle places the order and goes back.

"When are you going back to the Philippines?" questions Janelle.

"Tomorrow," says Kendrick desperately.

"Why are you so desperate and so tired?" questions Janelle.

"One thing, Jesse, Kendrick's roommate, told me yesterday that he'll be back next week, so I won't be seeing him. Second, I don't know where to go, I've been to all the places I want to go here so I have decided to go home and sleep the whole afternoon until night," answers Kendrick.

"Oh, ok," Janelle says.

After eating, he heads home and rests.

Night time comes, it's 6:00 p.m. in Saigon. Kendrick wakes up. He goes down and goes back to Vincom Center to eat Phở 24.

"Hi Janelle, I'll order the same thing a while ago," Kendrick orders.

"Yes, sir!" exclaims Janelle.

After eating, he goes out, and out of Vincom Center. He says goodnight and his last goodbye to the night time of Saigon. Then he goes in and finds Alyssa in the reception.

"Hi, I'll be going home to the Philippines tomorrow, bye, thanks for all the pieces of advice and directions, you helped me a lot," says Kendrick.

"My pleasure, hope you can come back next time to Saigon again," answers Alyssa.

"Yes, I hope, goodnight," says Kendrick.

"Goodnight," says Alyssa.

After the conversation he heads up to his room and sleeps.