Chapter 5

The third day arrives..... Kendrick is in his bed snoring like a new born baby. He is dreaming that he finds Kimbell in Vietnam.... somewhere.... he doesn't recognize the place. There is a sight that is written "Arlan P52GN" which he doesn't know what that means. Then he wakes up.

Kendick takes a bath, brushes his teeth, changes his clothes, and he goes out and walks to Dinh Độc Lập (Reunification Palace). He walks in Đường Lê Lợi (Le Loi Street). After a while, he turns right at Đường Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa (Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street) then to Reunification Palace.

He takes a tour in there. He sees how amazing and incredible the tunnels of Vietnam are. The tour guide tells them how the Americans treated the Vietnamese people and also some parts of the history of Saigon. Back then, Vietnam was divided into two parts - Northern Vietnam (communist) and Southern Vietnam (democratic). Then they formed into one Vietnam. Just by listening to the tour guide, you will feel how hardworking the Vietnamese people are and their love for freedom. The tourist guide encourages them to go to Bào tàng Chứng tích chiến tranh (War Remnants Museum) for them to further understand the sufferings and hardships of the Vietnamese and their love for freedom.

After the tour, he decides to go to War Remnants Museum. He goes out and walks in Đường Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa (Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street) then turns left at the second corner at Đường Võ Văn Tần (Vo Van Tan Street) then to the museum.

There, he really sees the very hard sufferings of the Vietnamese. There, he deeply sees the sufferings of the Vietnamese.

After that, he calls a Vinasun taxi and goes to Vincom Center to eat lunch.

"Chào ! Nơi nào bạn muốn đi?" (Hi, Where will you go?) the taxi driver, Nguyễn Dung or Matthew Ang, says - not knowing he is a foreigner.

"Sorry, I don't speak Vietnamese," Kendrick says.

"Xin lỗi, tôi không nói được tiếng Anh," (Sorry, I don't speak English.) he says, while using a little bit of sign language.

"Ok, I want to go to Vincom Center," Kendrick says also with a little bit of sign language.

Upon arrival, Kendrick knows a Vietnamese word that means thank you. He thinks that it's the great time to use it.

"Cảm ơn," Kendrick says after paying him.

He goes to Phở 24 to eat.

"Hi, I want to order one Phở Nam and one Giò Chả," he said to the person serving him.

The person serving him doesn't know how to speak English so he hand-signaled him to wait.

Then, another server comes, named Janelle, a Japanese-looking woman.

"Hi, sorry about the server a while ago, he doesn't know how to speak English. What is your order?" she asks.

"One Phở Nam and one Giò Chả please," he orders.

"Ok," Janelle says.

Kendrick wonders if these people know about Kimbell. Kendrick asks Janelle.

"Um, do you know a person named Kimbell?" questions Kendrick.

"Kimbell Yu?" asks Janelle.

"Yes, Mr. Đạc Nghiệm, you know him?" questions Kendrick shockingly.

"Of course! He is famous here in Phở 24, he always eats here with his colleagues," answers Janelle.

"Oh, I was actually his best friend when I was a kid. Um, do you have an idea where he is right now?" Kendrick says.