track ii : party up

00:00

00:00

I V O N A  K A R M A K O V
(back-up dancer)

"It happened so quickly. You know, usually the falling out of a
group takes years, but theirs happened in an instant. Overnight,
all the things they had worked so hard to accomplish crumbled.
Being a back-up dancer, I got to spend so much time with them,
and I picked up on certain things that were odd, but nothing that
would foreshadow what happened next. It's still so surreal to me."

(2018)

00:34

(2016)

"I love New York," Romeo moaned out as he stared out the large window of his hotel room. He turned around to face the beautiful model he'd forgotten the name lying in his bed. Her long silky raven hair flowed to her breasts, and her voluptuous figure was partially obstructed by the pink satin robe she had begun to slip on. "It just has the best sceneries."

She laughed, covering up her mouth. Romeo hated when the girls he slept with did that. Why act all shy now?

He began buttoning the white shirt the group's stylist sent in.

"Where are you off to?" she asked when she saw him grab his distressed denim jacket. He looked up to see her tightening the belt around her robe.

"To my end of tour party. Remember how I told you we only had an hour?" he replied, looping a gold watch around his wrist.

She got up and walked towards his back, getting on the tip of her toes to snake her arms around his neck.

"So you're going to leave me all alone?" she crooned, dropping her chin onto his broad shoulder.

"I have to go, they expect me there. It'll be a shame if I don't show up," he dismissed her question, slowly turning around to face her. "But I'll be back."

She frowned her jet-black eyebrows.

"So what? I'm expected to sit around in your room, waiting for you to bring the next girl in?" she inquired, visibly irritated. Romeo couldn't take her seriously. They had hooked up once, why did she feel entitled to anything? New York girls were a case. "Take me with you."

He couldn't refrain a scoff from escaping his lips. The hopeful expression on her face shattered so quickly that Romeo almost felt bad for the girl. Almost. He could never feel too bad for the women who offered their bodies to him for a moment of fame or in the hopes of finessing a new bag or some designer shoes out of him.