Hot

The King was quiet, stroking her cheek as she coughed slightly, feeling overheated. Her cheeks were flushed, and eyes hazy. She was nestled cozily in as many blankets her lover had been able to find in the room. His hand was cool and she was glad when it turned to her forehead, alleviating some of the heat from her mind.

One hand reached up to clasp on his upper arm. The King's eyes brightened. "My dear! How are you feeling?"

"Hot," she whispered hoarsely. "Is Yam..." It was too much effort to speak the whole name. She skipped it. "Not here?"

"No, dear," he explained gently, understanding that his magician had the tendency to hover. "She said that there was no choice but to let the illness run its course. She had something to take care of."

"Hm." Her eyes fluttered once more. Sinbad hummed worriedly, giving up any attempt to keep space and moving back for a second to take off his turban and jewelry before climbing under the sheets with her. She made a soft sound when she was pulled into his embrace. "You'll get sick too....!"

He was warm, but a more comforting warmth that made her want to burrow closer. Sinbad placed a fleeting kiss on her cheek. "I don't care. I'd rather that the two of us to be stuck in bed together."

She smiled a little into his chest. Ja'far might have something to say about that. Still, she was glad to have her lover's calming presence when the heat overtook her once more.