Zepar

It was late afternoon and she was trying to find her husband, quite unsuccessfully. Wondering where he could have gotten to, she wandered out into the palace courtyard, brushing hair over her shoulder. It was then that she saw him, in the process of walking up the stairs: high in the sky, in the middle of changing into a very familiar, childlike form.

Her eyes widened as she took in Zepar opening his mouth, preparing to scream at the male intruder- another Dungeon Capturer it seemed.

"Your Majesty!" Ja'far snatched her attention, standing up the flight of stairs. His hands covered his ears as he stared at her in horror.

It was too late.

Sinbad didn't notice her and screamed. The sound was all-consuming. She had no chance of resisting. She could see Ja'far sprinting down the stairs as her eyes closed and she fell backwards.

The darkness receded slowly. She opened her eyes to her room, nestled comfortably in blankets. Somehow, it seemed like she had not been hurt falling down the stairs. Perhaps Ja'far had reached her.

There was a warm spot cuddling into her side. Smiling, she turned over, coming face to face with a still Equipped Sinbad. His childish face was calm and peaceful, but as soon as he felt her movement, his eyes opened to reveal distressed golden eyes.

"You're awake," Sinbad whispered to her. She nodded, opening her arms to let him cuddle closer. He did so gladly, a childish happiness appearing on his face. "I'm sorry. I don't know what I would have done if Ja'far didn't get to you in time."

"It's okay," she tried to reassure him. She pressed a soft kiss to his hair, eliciting a childish giggle. "Perhaps next time you can be more aware of your surroundings, hm?"

He nodded eagerly, small hands clutching at her robes as he looked up at her. She closed her arms around him, not paying attention the bat like wings pressed against his back. Her hands brushed up and down his small back. "I promise."

"Why are you still in your Equip though?" She asked curiously, letting her hands tangle with his hair.

A small pout appeared on his face at this. "I didn't want to leave you. Ja'far is scared of me in this Equip."

She giggled. "That's because you cause trouble when you're left alone like this!"

"Not if I'm with you," he rebutted, coyly glancing up at her. She shook her head, not knowing whether to feel flattered or disappointed in him. His eyes narrowed as another pout started to form. Seeing it coming, she sat up, picking him up with her so that he was sitting on her lap.

"What do you want to do, then?" she questioned the child-like form of her husband. He forgot about his growing tantrum and grinned.

The grin quickly faltered as he thought. "I don't think you should move yet."

She paid no attention to his words, already on the process of standing up. No dizziness assaulted her as she tested her feet and she shrugged at Sinbad. "I'm fine."

Floating off from the bed, Sinbad flew towards her, complaining, "But you could still be hurt!"

She ignored him, looking around the room. "Where did you keep my sandals, love?"

He smiled at the endearment.

"Ja'far left them next to the be- hey wait!" Realizing he had been tricked, he flew after her as she slid on her sandals before turning to the door. There was a dangerous whine in his voice. "(Name)!"

She hushed him. "It's fine! I'm just going to the library. We can cuddle."

That stopped him. Thoughtfully, he questioned, "Cuddle?"

"As long as your magoi doesn't run out," she agreed. "Then you're going to go work."

He shuddered, looking at her with large, devastated eyes. Paling, she determined not to look at him, heading out the door. "Don't look at me like that! You're the one who wanted to be a king."

"Yes," he sighed, flying extremely close to her back. He was so obvious. "I know."

She hid a smile, turning around and opening her arms. He immediately cheered up, racing into her hold. Carrying him in her arms, she continued on her quest to relax in the library, and hopefully help her husband relieve some of his stress too.

Hi guys! It's been a while. I got a little caught up in final exams and preparing for a trip, but now it's summer, so I have a lot of free time. Look forward to a lot of updates! 

Comments and Votes are always appreciated!