Chapter 14: Gore Party

On Saturday night, Alan picked me up like he usually did, and we and the gang headed to the party. He had warned me to wear dark colored clothing so the blood that stained wouldn't appear that evident. The building we entered looked dark and spooky. Before entering, Alan had to say the password to the security guard, for us to come in. The entire room looked like a whole mess of guts and gore. Intestines were hung up like decorations, blood was spilled everywhere and sharp objects were spread throughout the whole party room. It was a purge down here, everyone stabbing, torturing, and killing people side by side, on the tables, on the floor and everywhere. One needed to have a strong stomach to make it through that party. Lucky for me, I'd been through a lot of gore by then and I was certainly ready to have a good time.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to this year's annual gore party!" A woman stated at the center of the room.

My guess was she was going to introduce us to the activities in the night.

"I'll review the rules for the newcomers who just came in. First of all, you're free to do whatever you'd like with the criminal scum locked in here. You all have access to the keys that will set them free but once they're out, you can't put them back in. They're yours till they drop dead. You don't have to worry about them escaping. They've already been sedated, so they won't put up much of a fight. They've also had individual blood tests, so there's no possibility of getting infected by a blood borne disease. As well as that, these men haven't eaten, so you don't have to worry about other, uh hmmm, messes. You also have access to the weapons here but I must warn you not to use them against one another. Only use the weapons on the inmates. I don't want any fights to play out. Oh and each group of people is only allowed to use three criminals per hour, so I would extend their lives as much as possible during that time. Lastly, you're allowed to drink alcohol and use whatever substance you'd like as long as it doesn't get too out of control. So, let's go on with this night and have. Some. Fun!! Enjoy yourselves everybody!" The woman yelled out.

Everything seemed pretty clear to me. With excitement, I grabbed a kitchen knife that was on one of the tables and prepared myself for our first victim.

"Who's up first?" I yelled, looking at Alan and pointing him in the direction of the cages where the criminals were locked up.

He grabbed a key and soon enough, Alan placed the criminal on the table, preparing him to get opened up and ripped apart piece by piece.

"This little piggy is going to get it good!" Terry, the other one of Alan's friends shouted as we all grabbed hold of the criminal by each side. Jessica and I grabbed the arms, Terry and Alex grabbed the lags and Alan sharpened his blade and began moving it toward his chest, slowly, until he finally stuck it inside, just enough to tear open the layer of skin that was right on the surface. The man screamed his lungs out and tried to resist, but we all held him back. Everyone's faces were filled with glee at the moment. I'm sure we'd all take turns torturing the man.

After a while of Alan cutting the man open until his insides were visible, we sure did! We decided to play a game where each of us would take turns cutting off about a foot of the small intestine and whoever got the last piece would win. We were counting the time eagerly and cheering loudly at the last few cuts before the small intestine finished up. In the end, the winner ended up being Jessica. We decided to give her the large intestine as her prize. So, she put it around her neck like a scarf. It seemed quite fitting for her. By the time we finished our game, the man we were torturing seemed on the verge of death. I decided to volunteer to give him the mercy killing and put him out of his misery. With that, a grabbed a scalpel and slowly slit his throat. That's when we decided to get our next victim and continue on making activities and fooling around with the criminals' bodies until they dropped dead. It was fun to experience this first hand and actually involve oneself in the action instead of just watching a machine do it for you. Perhaps with the next machines I'd make, would be a little more, interactive next time. Putting that thought aside, I once again decided to live in the moment and simply enjoy myself. This was an annual event anyways and although there were a lot more gore parties I could go to besides this one, it was my first one and I surely wanted to squeeze every last bit of fun out of it. I managed to get a few drinks as well as the rest of the gang, and soon enough, we were loose and out of control. We were drunk, sadistic, killing machines that lived out the moment like it was no other. By the time sunrise came, the gang and I were exhausted. That's when we decided it was time to leave.

I got home and took a well-deserved shower and put some fresh clothes on. I jumped on my bed, beginning to enter my thoughts again. It was like a never ending compulsion. I thought about the life I had decided to enter after I had gotten revenge on my family's murderers. How that event had broken me. I was completely unrecognizable to how I was in the beginning. If I was still in that mindset, I'd probably be disgusted at myself, beyond disappointed. I'd probably never even consider the idea of attending or even acknowledging there was such a thing as a gore party. I'd think there was nothing more immoral than treating other people like animals, or actually much worse. Except now, none of that mattered. None of it ever will. I was able to achieve what I wanted, happiness, and that's what I was going to get. After all, it had helped me when I most needed it. It had put a smile on my face even in the darkest of moments. Alan had opened my eyes and made me realize that I was living a depressing life here in The Steamlands only because I wanted to. There was a choice, and I finally chose the right one, for me. Who knows what future awaits me, or what else I was meant to do, but whatever it was, I felt ready for it. For whatever there was to come, good or bad, I was certainly going to be waiting for it with a blade in my hand. I could manipulate my life after all. And I was DEFINITELY willing to do it. For my happiness, all the way to the end.