4-The Witch

Kyle Miharu

“Hahaha! That’s hilarious! You call yourself a vampire when you didn’t even once transformed or used any of the antic vampiric tricks?” asked Rina.

I had planned on getting some sleep in the rooftop of our school but I overslept and I woke up with a smiling Rina patting my head. That was how I end up talking with this weird girl.

“That’s because I don’t fight girls! W-w-wait, so you knew?” She knew I was a vampire?

“Uh-huh, that’s why I kicked you in the first place.”

“Damn you, it hurt a lot.”

“Because I used some of my powers to pop some of your veins inside,” she pointed on my knees. “Be grateful I didn’t use aneurism on your brain.”

“Like hell! So that’s what practicing means like what you told me in the library? You’re a witch?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Just uh-huh? No threatening or anything to keep me from spreading your secret? People would surely go absurd.”

“Tss. Not an issue. I know what you are and people’s reaction would be the same if I spread it,” she said while licking a sudden icecream in sight.

“Hey, where did that came from?”

“From the fridge of who-knows-who.”

“What!? You can’t just get things like that! What if you get something like a personal thing?”

“Like your underwear?” she laughed and threw something at me.

“M-m-my underwear?? Impossi-” I stopped commenting when I put a finger on my thigh and I didn’t feel an underwear.

“So what can you say?”

“Can you first return it before asking for my word?”

“But I just gave it to you right? You’re even holding it,” she made puppy eyes.

“Don’t be ridiculous!”

“Fine then, beg me.”

“Ugh! I won’t!”

“So just wear it back the normal way.”

“This is not soooo going to be natural you know!! You made it and now you’re not putting it back!!”

“It’s up to you, or maybe to your shame,” she danced with glee.

Just then, a group of boys came up to where we are.

“Hey, isn’t that the new girl?”

“Wow, Miharu is fast!”

“Incredible! He’s just holding the evidence of their crime!”

They seem to be all thinking of one thing and I didn’t have the chance to hide. “Rina!! Hey! This is embarrassing! Do you hear me??”

“You just have to say the magic word,” she used the same playful and girlish tone she used to introduce in class.

“Fine.. Please!!!” I begged automatically and she glanced and pointed to my underwear. Her forefinger glowed. And the thing I was holding disappeared. I felt wearing an underwear so I knew it worked.