EPILOGUE: END OF TIME

END OF TIME
EPILOGUE- END OF TIME

Dear Shawn,

I'm back again. It's been 14 months since I last saw you. I promised to stop writing, stop grieving, and to forget about you after twelve months but I fucking can't. How could I? I haven't seen you in so long. I miss you like absolute crazy. This, trying-to-forget-about-you, thing isn't going so well. I can't forget. Not about everything we've been through, everything we've done together. I just can't, Shawn.

I know I made a promise, and I know I told you that I'd never break a promise, but I can't keep this one. You were my everything. You were always there for me, even if you weren't physically there. I can't forget about everything we had.

I especially can't when Andrew showed up at the condo after twelve months, after I wrote my "last" letter. He gave me a box, and told me that it was from you. He then handed me a letter, and said, "I'll see you around Dem. Whenever that day may be. Good luck with your career." He then left without another word.

He was so upset Shawn. You could see it. He definitely was having a hard time forgetting about you too. I was too, until I opened the box, which made everything so much worse. I opened it, and found a small Neo Mastiff cross Bandog puppy sitting in the box.

He was gorgeous Shawn. Absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't forget you after this. Your songs were always on the radios around the world, your face was everywhere, and I was living in your - now my - condo. I wasn't forgetting anything. Raul is what I named him as soon as I read the letter, which was upsetting as hell by the way.

"Demi,
Here is the pup I always promised you. I made a deal with Andrew before the cancer took over. It was to chose one pup from a family who bred the puppies, and to give it to you after twelve months. If you're reading this, it means he kept his promise. I know forgetting me is going to be hard, but I love you so much.

Love yours truly,
Shawn xx"

I'm not forgetting you. Never. I'm not sticking to the promise I made after you left. I'm sticking to our promise that we made years ago, when you were still here.

I'll always love you, until the end of time.

Love,
Demi x

THE END