Chapter-1

"Cooommmiinnngg", she almost sang, as she jumped into her comfy pink rabbit slippers she bought from sarojini last month, and ran towards the door as soon as she heard the door bell. She opened the door with a huge grin on her face which seemed a little evil if you ask me. * laughs *

"Finallyyyyy you are here!!!" She sang again as she saw the pizza boy, who was now smiling at her shyly. Obviously, the boy was a stranger. But there was something so attractive about her. Maybe it was her smile or the way she speaks or maybe her confidence that makes even strangers to be very polite and comfortable with her.

Her small eyes became brighter just as she received her order. Maybe it was the mascara that she was wearing for no reason but just to click some selfies which made her look even more beautiful. She paid the boy with a tip which was a little more than what generally people give. Maybe she was extra happy that day..or maybe...she was broken. Maybe ...her wide grin and playful eyes were hiding something. Maybe. She slammed the door loud and jumped onto her bed , with slippers on.

Her broad forehead, pointed small nose, lips curved outwards and her pointed chin. There was nothing about her face to complain. But still she never believed that.

Her hands involuntarily looked for the remote and as the channel changed to a bollywood movie, colourful bright lights reflected from her face making each and every feature clear.

Just as the male lead actor looked into the eyes of her heroine, Avantika smiled. It was a genuine smile. As if  she was lost in those yellow fields where the actors were standing. As if she was dreaming.
Yes, for her the kind of love that was shown in the movies was something so different from practical life, from the life that we live in.
Actually, she never believed in the theory of giving someone everything without any assurance of getting it back. It was purely stupid!
Risking all your time and emotions on something that is as temporary as your own feelings for a person was stupid. How can someone promise a 'forever' when we are practically not even sure about 'a tommorow'? She believed in emotions, friendship and fun though.

For her, everything was temporary except for memories and lessons.
Selena gomez's strong voice filled the room as her phone rang. She picked it up immediately wondering if it was from HIM.

"Why was your phone switched off since yesterday?" Disha, one of her closest friend almost shouted at her angrily.

"Some fault with the battery" She answered, without paying much attention. Her eyes were still stuck on Shahrukh Khan.

"Really? Then How come his phone is also switched off since yesterday?" Her eyes filled with tears as HIS name stricked the conversation with all the other memories.

"Coincidence" she answered coldly, pushing all the emotions back.

"Are you guys again playing some prank with us? See if you are, then I swear on god this time you guys can't fool us!" And she started laughing. Avantika too smiled thinking about all those insane things she and him, her BESTFRIEND used to do.

"Last night I recieved a text from him asking me to check on you if you are okay and to never ever call. So now that you seem to be pretty fine, where is he then? Tell him your prank didn't work this time" There was a sense of relief and victory in Disha's voice. But as Avantii heard those words, she felt a big heavy stone forming at the back of her throat. She felt guilty. Even though she wasn't ready to accept the fact that it was her mistake because it wasn't. He was the one who wanted to go from her life. He was the one who wanted to stay away. He was the one who broke their friendship. He was the one who broke his promise. His promise of not saying "I love you".