3 | Still Within My Heart

She unlocked the front door and slid down until she was slumped on the floor. A thump sounded out in the silent hallway as her head fell against the wooden door. Her arms rested on her bent knees, and grooves were left in her palms when she dug her nails into them. Feelings that she had been trying to suppress were close to suffocating her.

Yeah, she had been the one to give up. The one who broke off the relationship, and the one who tore out his heart. However, she had also lost hers along with it. She didn't want to do it. It was just that she thought it was the best for both of them. Undeniably, she was wrong.

A tingling sensation swept over the place on her arm that had bumped into Jaehyeong.

When they had met earlier, she donned a mask. An impenetrable facade and pretended to be happy; even if she was anything but that.

You still remember me. You still remember us. She rubbed her arm and allowed a tear to slide down her cheek..

It had been a year... A whole year, and in that time she had thought so many things over.

Why did she ruin the one great thing in her life? Why didn't she stay and try to work things out? Would he forgive her? Would he even want her back?

Then, as she was sat wallowing in self-pity, her phone started buzzing...

After they had both calmed down, they moved to a much more peaceful place, Jae's apartment - the one they both had lived in before. And now she listened attentively, as he recounted all the things that had happened to him in a year. She didn't want to interrupt him, as she was sure this was the happiest he's been in a long time.

It's the happiest you've been in a long time.

It felt so good to have him so close, so near, and she unconsciously moved closer to him on the sofa. Indulging in his words, being entranced by his voice, and wishing that she could feel those lips on hers one more time.

Those days are gone. Buried deep forevermore.

No matter what was said and done, he would always have a special place in her heart. Every little beat of her heart, still beat for him, and it was still longing for them to be together.

To her, the passion was all gone, withered away in the wind and turned to nothing.

She wanted it all back. She wanted him back.