One

Vanessa POV

His laugh broke the silence. I woke up. His laugh was just in my dreams. Everyday it's the same. The room was bare and chilly without his energetic aura. It's missing the love there used to be. And it's all because of me. When people tell you, "Oh, it's okay- it's just a minor mistake," don't believe them. It's all a lie. Nothing will be alright after one mistake is made. Something will be different, no matter how small, it's different.

Forcing myself out of the bed, I follow my normal routine. This time, I do it slowly. There's nobody waiting for me. There's no plan. I'd probably just probably just be in bed, anyways. After taking a hot shower I stepped out. Leaving a trail of steam from the bathroom, i went straight down to the basement. The basement where we used to enjoy dancing together. Everywhere I turn, I see the smiling face of Justin (just a random name.) As I reach out to touch it, he's gone...out of my life.

As I wander around the basement, I stopped at the table. The table where all our music laid. Music with no lyrics to them. Slowly, I sat in front of the piano and started to play a melody. This melody was made for the song that was supposed to be a surprise for him. Each day I was going to add more melody and finally the lyrics. I didn't get to finish it, but I promised.

Picking up my pencil and started humming to the tune. After a while, I started to write down the lyrics. However, it was my feelings.

No matter how hard I try to forget you

I can't erase the memories we shared...

Turning back to the piano, I started playing the melody and singing to the lyrics I've written.

No matter how hard I try to forget you

I can't erase the memories we shared

I try to watch TV to take my mind off you

But why am I crying over this breakup scene?

I'm not ready, after you left,

I'm just a blank sheet of paper

Whatever I do, boy I feel so empty

Me without you, I can't even imagine

And I so recorded the song, so I would remember this song. While having the song on repeat, i slowly drifted off to sleep. When I woke up, it was already the afternoon, 3:23 PM. I got up reluctantly, unsure where to go. Slowly, I let my feet drag me to anywhere. Gathering my stuff, I headed out. My feet took me down the street before stopping in front of a small cafe. I know this place all too well. The place where I first laid eyes on him.