Chapter 2: Ghosts

A/N Hey! This is chapter two for the Bridge, the TW still continues throughout the book, although not every part will have a trigger. Thank you so much for reading! feel free to leave criticism.

She rested a cool and light grip on my shoulders as I felt every bone in my body tremble with fear. I didn't dare look around. You could hear the drops of blood fall onto the stone floor.

"Oh my darlin', what happened to your lip?'' Asked a woman with a thick Southern accent. 

A man wearing a long navy cloak came out of nowhere and touched my face. I swatted him away; I had enough to deal with.

"Darlin' what was that for?" The same woman with the Southern accent interrogated, "He was healing you." She then told me that her name was Margaret. I touched my lip to feel the smooth, but dry surface on my face. "Thanks," I murmured, embarrassed. He smiled and told me his name was Charlie.

"Darlin'-" Margaret started but I quickly interrupted, "I'm January by the way," I said getting tired of darlin'.

"Wildflower, honey, let's show you to our family."

"She means everyone, " Charlie said.

I gasped at the taunting name. I decided to ignore it since tonight was weird enough. To lighten the mood, I smiled and turned my head to look at her. When I saw her face I felt air escape me. I turned around to realize they were all pale and mirror-like.

"This is Antoinette, and this is Saul and Henry," Margaret said pointing to the couple playing blackjack.

I nodded shaking partially scared of the pale beings in front of me. They told me they all died here, at the bridge. However only one, that being Charlie died of what the bridge was named after. I wanted to go home, it was a long day, but they insisted on telling me their stories. I agreed, deciding it wasn't too bad.

"Well let's get started," Saul said putting down his deck of cards. And so we did.