Part 3

Reaching the small lake I looked at my reflection through Sapphires blood red eyes. Seeing the purple tint on the tips of my fur I looked to the sky as they reminded me of my mother. Howling in pain Sapphire gave me control back as I laid with my head on my paws.

I was staring at the lake when Emily linked me with panic in her voice "AMETHYST HE'S LOOKING FOR YOU!!" Standing on my paws I sprinted through the forest as fast as I could go. Shifting back mid stride I threw my clothes back on and ran for the maid house and started on the small basket of laundry that was there. Hearing his footsteps outside the door I frantically tried to lower my heart rate and started to scrub harder at the stain that wasn't coming out of the shirt. Hearing the door splinter at the force he used to shove it open he pinned me against the wall in a matter of seconds. One glance at his eyes and I could tell he was pissed. "Where were you?" he growled out. When I didn't answer he growled out louder "I SAID WHERE WERE YOU?!" Looking him in the eye I lied, I was walking the gardens. Dropping me I thought he believed my lie. Turning his back to me he left the maids house but not before throwing a warning over his shoulder. "Next time I call for you you'd better answer or you wont like the consequences." Dropping my head as my hair fell around my face I took deep breaths to keep Sapphire at bay. For some reason she's been more antsy than usual. Mine, and sadly his, 18th birthday was coming up tomorrow.. Maybe that's why.  After calming Sapphire I rushed to finish the laundry before I locked myself in my room, thankfully I didn't have dinner duty tonight.

Locking my bathroom door I filled the bathtub with hot water and citrus smelling bubbles. Stripping I stepped into the hot bubble heaven and submerged myself to my neck. Losing myself to my thoughts I thought of the times before my parents and sister were taken from me.

My dad had Lily in the air swinging her around as she squealed in joy. Mother and I were sitting on the back porch watching as I finished my studies. With a small smile on my face I went back to my book about how a mate would strengthen me as a wolf and Queen. My parents decided that they would hand the palace down to me instead of Matthew. Ever since they told us that Matthew had locked himself in his room. Throwing a fleeting glance to his bedroom window I couldn't help but wonder what my twin was doing. Letting out a sigh I turned to my father who was now chasing a giggling Lily around the garden.

Feeling my head sink under the water I shot up looking around my surroundings. Getting out of the tub I drained the now cold and bubble-less water and wrapped myself in a towel. Looking in the mirror I put my hair into a bun and just stared. Shaking my head to clear my head of my parents I quickly got dressed before turning off the light and walking to my bed.