Chapter 7

The accused.

3 years ago.

Sounds of guns being reloaded, soldiers screaming, heavy breathing, and orders from the commander wasn't the only thing Taehyung hears every single day. A daily sir yes sir, fifty laps around the field and a hundred push-ups doesn't complete his day at all.

Well, yes. There were times when after doing all his duties, and training at the headquarters, he wanted to jump straight to his bed and sleep, but he couldn't. He couldn't sleep just yet.

He needed to visit the orphanage.

He wanted to visit the orphanage.

The tough officer Kim Taehyung goes to the orphanage after his daily tasksㅡ and he doesn't go there without buying food and toys for the kids. For him, there was something special about a kid's smile. Although he's tired from work, his mood instantly brightens up as soon as he sees kids happy and smiling, and also because they're hugging him.

"Wow! I've seen this O5WR robot at the TV this morning!" A cute little seven year old boy lifts up the toy that was given to him by the officer. "Thank you hyung! I always wait for your visit here. You are really kind to me, I love youu!" He hugs Taehyung with the toy in his hand.

Taehyung smiled at the kid's action, he hugs him back and pats his head, "I love you too. I'm glad you liked it," Taehyung reaches out the paper bag he brought and pulled out a pack of candies. The kids had huge smiles on their faces as they run against Taehyung. "Don't eat too much sweets okay?"

"Okay!"

When he gave each kid a candy, an old woman approached him and smiled at him. After seeing and recognizing the person standing right next to him, he immediately bowed down to her.

"Thank you for visiting here again, Taehyung," She smiled. "The kids get really excited when it's almost four o' clock, and it's because you're arriving."

He smiled back, taking a quick glance at the kids again before speaking. "It's not a problem, noona. I actually love seeing them, and I'm also excited whenever it's time to visit here."

"Some kids don't want to be adopted anymore because of you," She chuckled. Their conversation continued for about half an hour. Children have asked him to go play with them, it's either: rock-paper-scissors, or, hide and seek. Taehyung was obviously tired since he haven't had any break yet, but, he couldn't just say no to those kids.

And when it's time to leave, the building was filled with children's aww's. They all wished that Taehyung would come back and play with them tomorrow once again.

It was currently six o' clock in the evening. The skies are quite dark, only a few stars could be seen from above. Taehyung thought that this was the perfect weather for him to visit his next destination. Yes, he isn't going to go home just yet.

He had flowers in his hands.

For his grandmother.

He stood just in front of her grave and slowly placed down the flowers he brought. He looks above for about a minute or two before gluing his gaze at her name carved on a stone. And without even saying or thinking about anything at all, tears suddenly erupt from his eyes, making him kneel in front of her grave.

"Ma, I h-had a great time today. Working on the headquarters w-was quite tiring but it's okay.. y-you've always wanted me to be a soldier right?" He wipes some tears from his eyes, but that doesn't stop it from gushing out. "I a-also visited the orphanage t-today. The kids were very nice. I hope I could see them again. But I'm afraid I can't do that anymore."

He gulps down and places his hand on top of the grave before letting out a forced smile.

"Ma, I'm sorry but this will be the last time I'll be visiting you. This will be the last time I'll be visiting the kids. I'll go home to mom and dad after this, but I have to leave. I have to leave everything behind."

He took a deep breath and stood up.

"Please guide me, I love you."

-

*throwing hints*

Sorry if you see any mistakes!
Thanks for reading ^^

Take care!
Your bias loves you ♥