Disconnected~SongFic

Disconnected

Harry’s POV

“Look, I’m not exactly sure what we’re supposed to tell her. She’s kind of been acting like a- well like a female dog. Yes, Mikey, I know.  I don’t know why. No, stop. Let me talk!” I hear her voice from the kitchen. She’s always on the phone, texting, talking, tweeting, and it’s usually with her best friend Michael. I don’t mind all of the time, but I mind now.

Life's a tangled web of cellphone calls and hashtag 'I don't knows

I can’t really say anything, though, because I’m always on my phone when I’m with her too. It’s just distracting and I forget how much time I actually wish I could spend with her.

I admit I'm a bit of a victim in the worldwide system too

I walk into the kitchen to see her sitting at the table, a cup of coffee in front of her. One of the things I love about her is that she’ll drink coffee no matter what time of the day it is. She doesn’t care about what’s reasonable or if she’ll be able to sleep. She laughs at something Michael says, making me smile a little.

I take the phone from her without warning and put it to my ear. “Hey, Mikey,” I say casually. Michael and I are pretty good friends since we were on tour together. He’s great, and I’m she has a friend as good as Michael.

“Harry!” she whines, trying to pout her way into getting the phone back. It’s something she does often, but it won’t work this time.

“She’ll have to call you back. She’s busy with me right now,” I tell him, hanging up the phone.

“Why did you do that?” she asks. I know she’s annoyed, but that isn’t my focus right now.

“Because we haven’t spent time alone together in a long time. I just need you to tune out every distraction around us for one night. I need to tune them out too,” I explain, taking one of her hands and lacing out fingers together.

Tune out the static sound of the city that never sleeps

I lead her into her bedroom, bringing her to lay down with me. She hadn’t denied my request to spend time alone with me, so I assumed it was perfectly fine. She didn’t seem upset either. The quiet is refreshing. It feels like it has been forever since we’ve been completely alone with phone calls or distractions in the way.

“What made you suddenly want to just spend the night in my room talking?” she asks me quietly. I brush the hair off of her space, a warm smile on my face.

“I missed you. I think we both get so caught up in everything else that we just don’t take them time to spend time like this together. We’re always doing something on our phones or with other people,” I explain, earning a nod in response from her.

“I’m sorry. I don-“ I stop her.

“I did it too, love,” I assure her.

“I love you,” she whispered to me.

“I love you too.” My smile is wide as I say it. “See? I like just hearing your voice alone. I like it every other time, but I like it more when you’re telling me you love me,” I say, causing her to laugh a little bit. “And I love that laugh.”

I like the sounds you make

I lean down and press my lips to hers softly. It was always like this when we had those rare moments alone. When we’re together it doesn’t seem to matter what’s going on in the world. We have our own little world and we’d rather be there with each other than anywhere else.

We put the world away

We get so disconnected

Being with her is the best vacation I could have, even if it’s just in her small room in her small flat. She’s all I would ever need.

You are my getaway

You are my favorite place

We put the world away

Yeah we're so disconnected

She wraps her arms around my waist, moving herself closer to me. I pull the thin sheet over us and wrap my arms around her as well. We just stay like that for the entire night, bringing up random conversations. There’s a lot we’ve been missing about each other, and now we finally get to catch up. It’s best thing to be alone with her like this; we aren’t doing anything, only talking and holding each other. She’s my favorite escape.

But I find my sweet escape when I'm alone with you