1/1

I sat on the porch swing, enjoying the smell of the crisp early fall air. My fuzzy socks placed on the smooth, wooden surface felt tranquil. The breeze blew through the treetops aggressively, but the wind had more bark than bite. It was a cool feeling, not so much cold.

This time of year was nice. It was peaceful and quiet. No other words could describe the feeling of the peppy chirping of birds and the sound of the rustling leaves. The sky was a bright, serene blue. I felt my nerves unwind as I watched a few small fluffy clouds float along on the breeze, eventually breaking up in the atmosphere.

Warm coffee tickles my tongue and calms my throat. The fuzzy feeling in my stomach gave me a sense of relaxation that I rarely felt anymore. It gave me a chance to clear my mind, slow down, and ponder.

The temperature this time of year was an odd beast. On one hand, it was warm enough to wear shorts and a loose fitting tee shirt. However, on the other, it was too cold to go outside without at least wearing socks. It made me smile.

Early autumn was definitely one of the best parts of the year, in my opinion. I often missed this weather. It was the type of weather to justify wearing jeans, boots, and a leather jacket, if I felt so inclined. No one would ask what I was thinking, wearing something like that outside on a day like this.

The cool air also wasn't cold enough to chill me to my bones -- although, I knew it wouldn't be long before the temperature took a nosedive, and I would have to wear scarves and gloves everywhere I go.