A Healing Heart- What Their Doing Now

It has been 3 months and 16 days since she first found happiness. And so much has change. The beginning of a relationship is always nerve rackingly unexplored. During their first kiss, He whispered in Her ear that he loved her, stunning her and mortifying him. He hadn't meant to say those words, and to this day is incredibly embarrassed, She finds it adorable that He stumbled so badly out of pure nerves. He still says that He meant it then but She has doubts. Later in Their relationship He said it again and this time, it was right. She loved Him too and felt it. The feeling of loving someone no longer brought with it an agonizing fear, instead, it brings her happiness and hope.

She never thought She could feel so happy and so cared for by a guy that wasn't the guy who broke Her heart. It's almost magical to Her. How is the guy who cheated and broke Her heart? Well he started dating a new girl two weeks after they broke up, an moved in with said girl two weeks later after being kicked out of his house. He is now engaged to her. Honestly, this news hurt Her badly when She discovered it. She felt betrayed, jealousy that was completely unfounded, and that same feeling of hurt for absolutely no reason. Feeling this frustrated Her beyond all words. Luckily for Her, She did not need many words, Because He, as always, understood. Even when She couldn't understand Herself, He did.

This made Her fall even more in love with Him. The words feel like magic on Her lips as She says them. Her secret? Sometimes She will sit alone in Her room and say them out loud, alone with a smile on Her lips and Him in Her heart. She has never been happier, an has a feeling that He could say the same. It's a great feeling for Her, knowing that She can make a guy so happy, while feeling the same happiness. Not everything is perfect, but the things that aren't will never stand in their way, never.

He now owns a shirt that She bought for him, a bottle of Her perfume, a hat, a wallet, and a necklace. While She owns His jacket, three shirts, cologne, hat an three necklaces. They certainly exchange gifts often. This is significant to Her because Her Ex hardly ever gave Her anything, it was always Her giving things to him. Now She is in a relationship where things can be even and that fills Her with happiness.

She is excited to say that with every day that passes She think of Her Ex less and less and has very few feelings for or about him left, if any. Her trust issues and jealousies are fading slowly, She finds that She can breathe again, and can be happy. She hopes genuinely that her Ex is as happy as She is with Her love and best friend. She hopes even more that He is as happy with Her as She is with him. It is summer time and while they are separated, they still keep nearly constant contact and are still incredibly happy with each other, despite all odds. They don't know where life will take them, but they are hopeful to spend their lives making each other happy as they have for months now.

Most people would bet a failure on their relationship, She,at one point, bet the same.Yet Her and this guy have made it through many looks of judgement and disapproval. Her, for dating a a guy little more than a year below Her in age. Him, for breaking the so-called "Guy Code" being that you never date your Buddies Ex. Her opinion? If the Buddy did something foolish to lose the girl then "Guy Code" shouldn't be in effect. Unfortunately, male peers of her Boyfriend disagree, there for he is the bad guy. She on the other hand, is known as the girl who is dating a friend of her Ex's to get back at him, and the girl dating a younger guy, which for some reason is a terrible thing in High school. Dealing with the immature narrow minds of High school students, A vengeful jealous Ex boyfriend, and severe trust issues on Her part, they seem to do okay, always smiling, always laughing, truly enjoying each others company.

Like any couple, they fight, not usually about anything important.The future is a thought that brings fear to the couple, they know their young and that odds are they won't be together; their not that naive.But they choose to hope anyway that perhaps they will make it, maybe they'll survive and be okay, despite the odds. They don't know. I believe that fear of the unknown is something that most people can relate to. It's hard, and it hurts.

She believes that they have gotten through the worst of it; jealousies, hurt, judgement, and the struggle of healing a heart. He still understands Her an everything She feels and they still spend every day talking on the phone. Their secret? They like to fall asleep on the phone together, an yes, Her favorite phrase is still, "Hey Baby"  but She has a new favorite name; "Baby-Girl" because that's what He calls Her when He is especially happy with Her. She loves it. She loves everything about Him.

is this the end of their story? Only time will tell...For now they are happy and together. She finally got the happy ending She deserves, an so has He...