Chapter Seven - Courage

"Good job out there, for a beginner you're really good," I smile at Lily who I had just played a game of laser tag with. With every moment I had spent with her I became more fixated on the idea that this was Lily Faith.

"Really," Lily asks, honestly surprised, "I felt horrible."

"Not at all, when I first played I was shot within the first minute. You managed to last the whole fifteen," I replied.

"Well thanks!" Lily smiled and I almost fell back. Her smile, that smile. I knew it. I had seen that smile a million times. That smile, was the smile of Lily Faith.

"No problem, we should do this again sometime," I almost let out a fan-girl eek, but held it in desperately attempting to seem cool. I couldn't believe that I had actually found her.

"Yeah, we should. You got my number feel free to call," Lily answered and I held back my ever-growing urge to kiss her. Not only had I found her, but she just accepted to going out with me sometime again. By this point, I couldn't stop staring deeply at Lily's glowing hazel eyes.

"Thanks," I'd say something cooler like, 'will do,' or 'definitely', but 'thanks' was all I could manage to say to her. Thanks for finding me, thanks for accepting laser tag, thanks for accepting my new invitation to go out with you, thanks for everything.

"Thanks for inviting me," she waved as she stepped off the curb to go find her car.

"Dude, another date?" Reid asks because I had never, never asked for a second date with all the supposed 'Lily's' before, "Is she-?"

"Lily Faith," I sigh and can't help but stare as Lily drives off into the distance.

Reid's eyes expand, completely flabbergasted, "what?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking," I chuckle and push Reid towards the car, "come on let's go home."

Reid nodded and got in the drivers seat of the car, "so, you're serious. You actually found THE Lily."

The engine started and we began to drive off, "yes, I found her. I couldn't see it for a while, but then I saw her smile and-"

"Please tell me you're not basing this off of a smile."

"Not just that," I defend, "I had a few hints before then. Her hair, her smile, her personality, literally everything about her matches my Lily."

Reid glances at me, but not for very long because he's focusing on the road, "Are you one hundred percent sure?"

I think to myself a minute. As much as I want to say, 'yes! I am one hundred percent sure that this is Lily Faith from back when I was a child!' I'm not so sure I could. I had only gone out on one date with her, but this was the closest I had ever been before, "no, but-"

"Then don't get your hopes up too high. I don't want you getting depressed over this girl. Besides, even if you did find her there's still a chance she'll decline you."

Then it hit me, he's right. Even if this girl is Lily Faith she may still not want me. We haven't spoken in ten years, that's a possibility. Maybe she even changed into something I wouldn't be able to love so easily, "Yeah," I sigh and have to shake my head so as not to think about it.

"So, when are you going to ask her out again? And do I have to come, I really don't want to come," Reid whines.

"No you don't have to come," I laugh, "in fact, I'd prefer it be a little more private, romantic, type date. Not like today. As for when, I don't know... sometime later."