Prologue

Please listen to this song while you read...

12 years ago...

I walk to the bright red door I've been dreading to knock on. I stare at it second guessing myself if I should open it or not. ' it's going to be fine', I try to remind myself. I take a deep breath before finally knocking on the door.

The door opens revealing a young boy with a bright smile. My best friend, Taehyung.

"Oh, hello!" He greets me kindly
"Would you like to come in"
"Sure," I said nervously

"So what's up," he asks me. I didn't know where to begin. How are you supposed to tell your best friend that you're leaving to go to a different country? "So I have something important to tell you" I start off. ' you can do this' I say to myself. "Ok" he smiles at me with his boxy smile. "So I don't know how to tell you this".

"I'm moving" I finally say the words I've never wanted to tell him. His bright smile drops into a frown. "Where?" He asks me. "I'm moving to Canada". His eyes start to glisten in the sunlight coming from the window, he's crying.

I get up from my seat and walk to him trying to comfort him. I leave his house a while after and go to my own. As I'm walking I think about what he said, " I'll wait for you" he tells me as he pecks my cheek. My ten-year-old self-starts to fantasize things about what would happen when we're older and when I come back.

I hold onto the necklace he gave me that's around my neck. This is the start of a new beginning.