Prologue

While Crossing The Chasm reads well as a stand-alone book, It would best be enjoyed by reading Given to The Prince first, since Jessica and Califar first meet in that story.

Preview chapters 1-4 of Crossing the Chasm

Photo Credit: https://www

Photo Credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/124693483412188863/

Jessica trailed behind a large family group as she made her way toward the boarding area for her flight home. Her thoughts swirled with delightful memories of the past three weeks spent with her dearest friend, Victoria,  and her five adorable children. Meeting the newest addition, six-week-old baby Aziz, was the catalyst for her extended vacation in Ahalamin. 

She paused as the group in front of her stopped suddenly. A little girl darted from the center of the throng to chase a purple ball that was now rolling in Jessica's direction. The child was soon swept up into a man's arms and consoled as she broke into great sobs. 

Jessica stooped to pick up the ball and hurried to return it.

Screams shattered the domestic scene as gunfire terrorized and scattered people in all directions. Men in black robes and covered faces swooped out of nowhere to force the family group into a tight huddle. 

Jessica felt the push from behind and staggered forward with the others. The next five minutes passed in a blur of shouting, pushing, and more gunfire. Before the shock wore off enough for her to take evasive action, she was shoved into the back of a truck along with several other adults. 

It was then she realized that these abductors had mistaken her for part of the family group because of her near proximity. That was the last coherent thought she had as a hard object jabbed into the back of her head...