ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ

A pounding headache woke me from a slumber so deep it felt deadly. When my eyes finally did flutter open I noticed I was in a hospital bed, the consistent beep of the machine caused my aching head to become almost to painful to bare.

The last thing I could remember was being in the car with Tyler. Then I remembered Caroline, her and Matt were there too. She must be here too. When I tried to sit up just as Elena walked in.

"Is Care okay?" I asked going to stand but she pushed me back.

"Elena? Am I dreaming?" I said just as I noticed her hair was different and her clothes were odd.

"Guess again." She said with a wicked smirk. I looked into her dark eyes. This couldn't be Elena.

"My names Katherine. I was hoping you could give the Salvatores a message for me." She said as she pushed me down onto the bed.

"Game on." She said and everything went black.

I woke up again with the same pounding head ache and a sore neck. The memory of earlier took a moment to come back. Katherine was real; and she killed me.

I cried out in pain as it felt like needles were stabbing through my gums. I held a hand to my jaw as I stood up. I felt weightless, I tried to leave the room to find Caroline but came face to face with a nurse.

"You should be in bed. You and your sister lost a lot of blood." She said and I heard a loud thumping noice. I stared at her as she pushed me back into the room, I could see the vein in her neck pumping blood. The rest was instinct.

Before I could even understand what was happening I was pinning her to the wall and bitting her neck. After the hungry sufficed I pulled back in a panic.

"Oh my god! What did I do? You're okay, you're totally gonna be fine." I said terrified as tears welled in my eyes. This was crazy.

"I'm okay." She repeated in a daze. I was shocked that she wasn't as freaked out as I was. Then another memory surfaced. Damon Salvatore fed me his blood after the accident. That's how my injuries went away.

I hesitantly bit my wrist and held it to her. "Drink this. It'll help." I said and with no question, she did. She was actually doing what I told her.

The injury instantly vanished and when I looked back to my wrist the bite mark was gone. How was this possible.

"Forget this happened." I said and she blinked a few times before turning and walking out of the room.

I followed her out of the room and went into the neighboring one. I saw Caroline staring at a bag of blood with fear in her eyes.

"Drink it." I said and her head snapped in my direction. She was crying.

"All the pain goes away." I said as her tears hit the bag.

"I'm scared Liv. I don't want to hurt anyone, I don't want to be a monster." She said and I sighed going to sit next to her on the bed.

"We don't have a choice. You don't have to be a killer, not all monsters do monstrous things." I said and she hesitantly drank the blood.

"Did Katherine say anything to you?" She asked and I nodded.

"Game on bitches."

•••

We were stuck in the hospital another day while they ran tests. The next morning I was woken up by the sun rising. As the sun beamed through the cracked curtains it burned my skin causing me to jump from the bed and hide in the corner of the room.

I quickly shut the curtain tightly before walking back to my bed with a sigh. What a lovely was to wake up. I heard Matt's voice and when I peaked my head out the door I didn't see him. That must come with being whatever Katherine made us.

I overheard Matt telling Caroline about how Tyler's dad used the night of the accident. But I stopped listening as I started to remember something.

Flashback:

It was the previous year at Duke's annual party and I was very intoxicated. I was tripping over my own two feet and slurring my words. The boy who was a year older than us had lured me into the woods. He began kissing my neck and had even pushed me up against a tree.

"Stop. Get off me." I said weakly. I had no energy, the alcohol was more than I could handle.

"Please." I choked out before I just closed my eyes.

Out of nowhere my prayers were answered. The boy was thrown off of me and at a tree where he fell with a thud.

A man with bright blue eyes and raven black hair was standing in front of me. His eyes sparkled as he stared into my soul.

"Who are you?" I asked beginning to sober up.

"Batman." He said with a smirk before walking over to the kid and picking him up from the ground.

"You will forget this ever happened. You will never look in the same direction as this girl again. Now beat it." He said giving the boy a shove and he ran off.

He turned back and looked me up and down but not in a sexual way. "Are you okay?" He asked as he walked back towards me.

"Yeah thank you, batman," I said with a laugh. I was obviously still drunk.

"Good, now stay still." He said clapping his hands on my shoulders. He leaned down towards my neck but something had stopped him. A voice in his head screamed, not her!

"You're going to forget about tonight. You went to the party, blacked out and some nice guy brought you home." He said staring into my eyes.

"Thank you for taking me home. You're a really nice guy." I said with a smile.

•••

A mixed of emotions filled me while I thought about it. I knew Damon before everything came crashing down. He saved me from...

Nicolas McCoy. He was the coward Damon had saved me from. With the mixed emotions I only I knew for sure was that I was starving.

When the sun went down I couldn't control myself. I had the entire day to obsess over this memory. I found myself in the parking lot of the Mystic Grill. Nicolas who had just left his shift was walking out to his car.

"Hey Nick." I said with a wicked smirk causing him to jump in fear.

"Hey, Liv. What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the hospital." He asked walking towards me as my smirk grew.

"Game on." I smirked as I sped at him attaching my teeth to his neck and draining him dry.