Xiumin Short Story

Xiumin-Hated Flower

Your POV

I hate flowers what a vile thing to see everyday as i wake up and walk in my family's shop.

Like any other day i make what i distaste the most a bouquet of roses.I sigh as about every customer that walks through those doors ask for a rose bouquet making me sick to my stomach. They don't just ask for roses but for me to make it for their miserable soul.

I flip the sign to open as I unlock the door and look up yo see the first customer. He looks beyond handsome with a cute bun look face. the guy looks vaguely familiar like I’ve seen him before. I notice he has flowers on his shirt and he has a brown canvas jacket hanging over his shoulder blowing a bubble with his gum.

"Hello how may i help you?"

He looks up to see me and smile, “I'm looking for some flowers for my mother. Do you have any ideas if what i can get her?"

I look at him and shrug, "I'm not sure what does she like."

"Truthfully she doesn't like flowers but i want to change her mind about them."

What a surprising person. He wants to buy flowers for his mother for she can change her mind about them.

"Why do that?"

He looks at me surprised and simple answers, "To see her smile again."

"Then why flowers?"

"Because that's what my dad always bought her."

For once i smile remembering even though as a child i disliked flowers, but for my grandmother I'd deal with it happily.

I smile slightly as I look around the shop, “Maybe forget-me-nots. I mean it might be a bit sad to get them, but it’s also a strong meaning behind them. It can be a way to tell your mother not to forget to be happy.”

He looks at me shocked confusing me. I look at him lifting my eyebrow causing him to stutter and I end up laughing.

He smiles at me, “I’ve never heard you laugh before. I mean I had come here a few times with my father when he was alive but you always looked annoyed. “

I look at him studying him then I remember the boy who looked like a bun. My grandmother always called him Baozi cause he’d always puff his cheeks when his dad wouldn’t listen to him.

“Oh you’re Baozi,” I point to him turning away from the flowers, “You’ve lost a lot of weight.”

He chuckles, ‘It has been a while, hasn’t it?”

I nod my head slightly remembering the chubby shy boy that never really spoke to me.

He simply smiles at me before i turn around to pick up some forget-me-nots and other flowers i remember from his father's orders. I slowly design a magical looking bouquet perfect for his mother. He watches my every movement and for once I don't’ feel annoyed by this fact. Instead I feel happy and excited.

Still he seems to notice what he’s doing, “Oh I forgot you don't’ like people watching you, do you?”

I smile as I look back at him placing the final flower in place, “Today I made an exception.”

I place the flowers in a beautiful vase to show off the beauty that is them.

I give him the price and he gladly hands me more than what the price I had asked for for the bouquet and the vase.

“Wait don't’ you want change?”

“No, you keep it.”

“This is far too much even for a tip,” I tell him.