Lay Short Story

Lay-Excuses

"Where is he?" I sat on the ground with my back against the mirrored wall behind. I was practically working my ass off while my partner was relaxing or maybe even worse standing me up and going out with some girl. "When I find him I swear.." I grabbed my large pink water bottle and took a sip of the freezing water. I heard a knock on the practice room door. "Let me guess." I walked up and opened the door. He stood therein front of me. "Of course." I rolled my eyes and walked back to where I sat.

"Are you going to give me a lecture or something?" he asked.

"I don't think there is a point any more lay." I grabbed my sweater and bag an began to walk out the room. Lay grabbed my hand and turned me around.

"Aren't we going to practice?"

"I think your kinda late for that." I pointed at the clock on the wall.

"I'm sorry.But I need this grade for class."

"Should have thought about that before you had come late." I released my self from his grip, but he grabbed my arm again. I turned one last time

"I swear I was really busy."

"What was it this time? Let me guess..you met a new girl?" I turned away and he began to loosen his grip on me.

"You really think that of me?"

"Do I have a choice? I over heard you talking about this girl you met." I can admit I was a bit jealous but I still couldn't stand the fact he just stood me up when he had to practice this for dance class. I crossed my arms and turned so I didn't face him. He got closer to me and put a rose in front of my face. "Huh? Whats this?"  and he gave me a sweet back hug.

"I was talking about you..." He whispered into my ear as I turned red.

"Me?" I turned to face him as we were facing one another. "How do I know this isn't another excuse?" I said as I released myself from his hug.

"If it were an excuse would I do this?"

"Do wha-" he interrupted me with a kiss. I pulled away shocked and looked straight at the ground.

"Do you still think this is an excuse?" He raised and eyebrow and smiled sweetly. I quickly changed my expression,but still felt  completely red like a tomato.

"Don't think that because you like me I'm going to let you coming late slide!"

"Okay.." I grabbed his hand and pulled him so we would face the mirror.

"Let's practice." I turned to smile at him as we began to practice our dance.

-xoXo